|Salary:||£19,000 - £23,000|
1st Line Support – Godalming – £19,000 – £23,000
You will be responsible for:
- Responding to, logging and managing calls from clients requiring technical assistance, primarily relating to general networking issues, Microsoft and Citrix Products from first through to third line level.
- Remotely assisting customers with issues and seeking a resolution.
- Maintaining frequent communication with clients to keep them informed of the status of their queries.
- Liaising with third parties in order to resolve client issues.
- Working within a defined service level agreement.
- Keeping customers and internal contacts informed of progress on calls.
- Managing a queue of calls, responding according to priority, closing calls efficiently and re assessing your workload each day, reassigning calls where appropriate.
- Researching technical problems that you are not familiar with, in order to find a fast and effective resolution for the client.
- Supporting on site engineers with research and assistance.
- Trouble-shooting and solving client queries quickly and efficiently.
- Handing over calls for queries for which you cannot find a resolution or to ensure the most efficient spread of the workload across the whole team.
- Taking part in a rota of first line support provision.
- Ensuring that you deliver a professional, customer focused service at all times.
- Ensuring a good relationship between contracted support customers and colleagues.
- Ensuring that onsite engineers are briefed on the history of support calls where appropriate.
- Making recommendations for improvements to the Support Manager
- Attending Supplier product briefings and training courses.
- Maintaining industry accreditations and attending relevant training courses.
- The timely and accurate completion of internal paperwork and systems, including the customer database.
- Ensuring that all of your activities are completed in accordance with the company’s ISO procedures.
- Working with other members of the team to ensure that the highest standards of customer care are delivered at all times.
- Assisting in other areas of the business if required, to cover sickness, holidays or client needs.
- Attending and participating in company meetings.
- Ensuring that you maintain clear, polite, well-spoken contact with all clients regardless of their attitude.
- Maintaining a professional image at all times.
Key Measurable Factors
- The performance of the Support Department against the agreed Service Levels.
- The detail of your call logging in the support database.
- The length of time taken to close support calls and the number of calls remaining open at the close of each business day.
- Good timekeeping, attendance rates and punctuality.
- The general relationship between our organisation and our clients, in particular those who hold a support contract.
- Ability and technical knowledge to solve client queries and explain them clearly to the client.
- Good communication between Support, Operations, Sales and the client at all times.
- Ongoing performance of your key tasks in accordance to the ISO 9001protocols.
You will be:
- An IT professional with a broad range of network environment experience.
- Able to understand how IT impacts on a client’s profitability and business efficiency.
- Happy to turn your hand to new technical issues and solutions, and enjoy problem solving and fault finding.
- Smart, well presented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Well organised with an ability to manage a demanding workload and understand client priorities.
- Genuinely interested in the IT industry, with a personal drive to keep your skills and knowledge up to date or ahead of the game.
- A “people person” who can keep calm in stressful situations and explain technical solutions to non technical end users.
- A team player, focussed on delivering good service, supporting clients and colleagues but able to work independently.
- Committed to your work, flexible in your approach and willing to go the extra mile on a daily basis.
A broad range of technical skills are required for this role, and training will be provided for any areas where you don’t have strong knowledge. The following skills would be a particular advantage
- Windows Server Operating Systems
- Windows Desktop Operating Systems
- MS Exchange Server
- Anti Virus Software
- Back Up Software and Hardware
- Server and Desktop Hardware
- IP Networking and Routing
- Netscreen Firewalls
- MS SQL Server
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719