|Salary:||£40,000 - £50,000|
IT Developer- Dorking
£40, 000 – £50,000
Our Client is looking for a Developer, you will be expected to learn the current internal practice management system from the ground up and work towards its development, including future systems that may be migrated to. You will be responsible for case management workflows, document creation, interface customisation, bespoke programming, and the ongoing support of all these aspects. A heavy involvement can be expected in the planning, development, training, and implementation of both current and new software platforms.
You will also assist the IT Director in the creation of bespoke applications that support and enhance the IT infrastructure and user experience outside the practice management system. Involvement in the training of staff, both in the products you help create and basic applications will be expected.
The ability to create SQL queries for the extraction and insertion of records to Microsoft SQL Server is required, and the ability to create reports based on this skill is desirable.
The secondary aspect of the role includes learning the hardware and software infrastructure that powers the company’s IT systems with a view to supporting the company should the IT Director not be available. You will need to be comfortable with accessing underlying hardware and software control systems such as iLO/iDRAC, VMware ESXi and vCenter platforms, Citrix platforms and other supporting systems for the purpose of repairing outages and diagnosing issues.
The role is based in the Dorking office however visits to our other sites might be necessary to facilitate certain tasks. Public transport to these branch offices is not very accessible therefore a driving licence and vehicle are required.
The right candidate will demonstrate the following qualities:
- A willingness to learn & self-develop
- Pro-active approach to work and information gathering
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A desire to work in a small team
- Working within a technical team
- Development and maintenance of case management software, practice management or other software systems
- Experience in the deployment of corporate applications created in Visual Studios
- Knowledge of VMware and Citrix systems.
- Support skills of Microsoft Windows Server platforms released within the last 5 years
- A working understanding of server hardware and network devices such as switches and routers
- Programming skills within Visual Basic.NET
- Microsoft SQL Management Studio usage and query design to retrieve and update records
- Confidence to train user groups
If you have not been contacted within 5 working days, then unfortunately on this occasion your CV has not been shortlisted.
Compiled by : Jenny Jamieson
Compiled on : 09/23/20
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719