|Salary:||£30,000 - £37,000|
2nd/3rd Line Support Engineer – £30,000 – £37,000
Our client is looking for an IT Support Engineer candidate to join our small friendly team, helping to provide and support IT systems for small businesses.
The role includes:-
- First, second and third line helpdesk, including taking an issue forward to further stages where required.
- Troubleshooting and resolving computer workstation, Windows Server and network faults
- Installing and configuring desktop and server software
- Group Policy & Domain configuration, Active Directory
- Office 365 email administration & support
- Firewall, router, access point, VPN, SSL certificate, setup & configuration.
- Logging support queries and keeping asset management records up to date
- Helping to design and implement IT solutions for businesses
- Helping to formulate quotations and costs for products and services
- Researching and recommending products for customers
- Testing new products and technologies
- Helping to install and configure networks and IT services for businesses
- Most support work is undertaken remotely and over the telephone, although on-site work is sometimes required.
The majority of the time will be office-based, but there will be many opportunities for visiting customers to perform support work and installations
Predominantly all of our work is business-to-business; we sometimes deal with home users but these are usually home workers or self-employed.
To be considered you will ideally have at least 5 years experience in costing, configuring, implementing and supporting a variety of systems and have worked in a 2nd / 3rd line Support environment on a Helpdesk.
You must be confident, articulate and quick to learn new technologies and software systems.
Key Skills and Experience
- Customer service mind-set
- Effective communicator / team player
- Problem solving
- Effective Time Management skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to follow process
- High Standards and attention to detail
- Reliability / Responsibility
- Integrity / Teamwork
- Self-motivated training and development
- Server networking (DHCP, DNS, RRAS, TCP/IP)
- Backup regime best practices, implementation and diagnostics
- Firewalling & switching (Port number, routing, network fault diagnosis)
- Remote working (RRAS, VPN, RDP)
- User support (Unlock accounts, password creation, password changes)
- Exchange / Office365 & Azure
- Printer support (network printing, all common troubleshooting)
- Experience with Hypervisors (specifically Hyper-V)
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719