|Salary:||£29,000 - £31,000|
Our client a leading IT systems support and infrastructure business / MSP has an exciting opportunity for an IT Support Engineer with strong 2nd and 3rd Line experience to join their team based near East Croydon, helping to provide and support IT systems for small to medium size businesses.
A compact company, there may be opportunities to be involved in other aspects of the business. Virtually all work is business-to-business; sometimes dealing with home workers or self-employed.
Most support work is undertaken remotely and over the telephone, although on-site work is sometimes required. Most of the time will be office-based, but there will be many opportunities for visiting customers to perform support work and installations.
- First, second- and third-line helpdesk, including escalation.
- Troubleshooting and resolving computer workstation, server and network faults
- Installing and configuring desktop and server software
- Windows Server Group Policy & Domain configuration.
- Azure Active Directory, InTune & Cloud computing
- Office 365 email administration & support
- Veeam, Datto & Solarwinds remote backup configuration & administration
- Knowledge of SSL certification registration & setup
- Firewall, router, VPN, access point setup & configuration.
- Helping to design and implement IT solutions for businesses
To be considered you will ideally have at least 5 years experience in costing, configuring, implementing and supporting a variety of systems and have worked in a 2nd / 3rd line Support environment on a Helpdesk.
You must be confident, articulate and quick to learn new technologies and software systems.
Key Skills and Experience
- High Standards and attention to detail
- Reliability / Responsibility / Calm attitude / Patience
- Integrity / Teamwork
- Self-motivated training and development
- Windows Server / networking (DHCP, DNS, RRAS, TCP/IP)
- Backup regime best practices, implementation, and diagnostics
- Firewalling & switching (routing, network fault diagnosis)
- Remote working (RRAS, SSL & IPSEC VPNs, RDP)
- Exchange / Office365 & Azure / InTune
- Experience with Hypervisors (specifically Hyper-V)
Candidates with previous experience or job titles including Infrastructure Systems Engineer, Technician, Infrastructure, VMWare ESX, HyperV, Active Directory, Windows, Citrix, Exchange, SAN, Cisco, CCNA, CCNP, IT Engineer, Networks Engineer, IT Technician, Systems Engineer, Cisco, 3rd Line Support, Network Technician, Implementation Engineer, Systems Implementation Manager, Systems Developer, may also be considered for this.
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719