|Salary:||£24000 - £28000 per annum|
To provide first class customer service and support. Work will be based at the office in Cranleigh, Surrey with some field work in surrounding areas – Monday – Friday 9am -5:30pm
Main Duties of the Support Technician
- IT Support (remote and on-site)
- Work alongside others to provide support, maintenance and configuration for the business
- Support users, server and storage infrastructure including new installations and reconfigurations in accordance with company policy
- Build an in-depth knowledge of specific technical areas.
- Effectively evaluate the priority of job requests and be able to appropriately judge when to escalate issues in a busy environment.
- Take ownership of jobs to ensure issues are logged and resolved in a timely manner and resolutions communicated effectively.
- Be able to produce and contribute to in-depth technical documentation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with IT, office, field staff and suppliers
- Self-motivated, ambitious and keen to work in teams including non-technical people as well as autonomously.
- A general keenness to learn new skills to help take the business forward.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst demonstrating a flexible, enthusiastic and hardworking attitude with minimum supervision.
- A keen eye for detail and a character with high standards.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Preparation of equipment and services in line with work specification and appropriate deadlines
- Implementation of hardware and services through onsite or remote work
- On-going documentation and updating of records regarding supported systems and networks.
You will have demonstratable customer service experience, technical support experience and will have held a previous client facing/desk side role position. A fast learner with the ability to follow processes and procedures, you will be able to prioritise and manage several pieces of work at the same time.
Essential to your success
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- A passion for IT and technology
- Great problem-solving skills
- An ability to multi-task
- A good knowledge of PC hardware with experience of diagnosing problems
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems (Windows 7/8/10/11/Server OS)
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365
- Experience of Cloud based solutions
- Good knowledge of networking principles
- Experience with MS Windows server 2008 – 2019 or Small Business Server product series
- Full UK driving licence
Advantageous to your success
- Advanced experience with MS Windows OS
- Experience of Apple Mac OSX
- Hardware repairs including PCs, Laptops and Apple Macs
- Company Pension Scheme
- 28 Days annual holiday
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719