|Salary:||£28,000 to £35,000|
2i Recruit have an exciting opportunity for an IT professional to join an exciting, professional organisation in 2nd Line Support, the company is known for offering not only excellent technical skills but also exceeding customer expectations and always offering impeccable service!
Role & Responsibilities
- Responding to, logging and managing calls from clients requiring technical assistance, primarily relating to general networking issues, Microsoft and Citrix Products
- Remotely assisting customers with issues and seeking a resolution.
- Maintaining frequent communication with clients to keep them informed of the status of their queries.
- Liaising with third parties in order to resolve client issues.
- Working within a defined service level agreement.
- Keeping customers and internal contacts informed of progress on calls.
- Managing a queue of calls, responding according to priority, closing calls efficiently and re assessing your workload each day, reassigning calls where appropriate.
- Researching technical problems that you are not familiar with, in order to find a fast and effective resolution for the client.
- Supporting on site engineers with research and assistance.
- Trouble-shooting and solving client queries quickly and efficiently.
- Handing over calls for queries for which you cannot find a resolution or to ensure the most efficient spread of the workload across the whole team.
- Taking part in a rota of first line support provision.
- Ensuring that you deliver a professional, customer focused service at all times.
- Ensuring a good relationship between contracted support customers and colleagues.
- Ensuring that onsite engineers are briefed on the history of support calls where appropriate.
- Making recommendations for improvements to the Support Manager
- Attending Supplier product briefings and training courses.
- Maintaining industry accreditations and attending relevant training courses.
- The timely and accurate completion of internal paperwork and systems, including the customer database.
- Ensuring that all of your activities are completed in accordance with the company’s ISO procedures.
- Working with other members of the team to ensure that the highest standards of customer care are delivered at all times.
- Assisting in other areas of the business if required, to cover sickness, holidays or client needs.
- Attending and participating in company meetings.
- Ensuring that you maintain clear, polite, well-spoken contact with all clients regardless of their attitude.
- Maintaining a professional image at all times.
A broad range of technical skills are required for this role, and training will be provided for any areas where you don’t have strong knowledge.
The following skills would be a particular advantage
- Windows Server Operating Systems
- Windows Desktop Operating Systems
- MS Exchange Server
- Anti Virus Software
- Back Up Software and Hardware
- Server and Desktop Hardware
- IP Networking and Routing
- Netscreen Firewalls
- MS SQL Server
- An IT professional with a broad range of network environment experience.
- Able to understand how IT impacts on clients profitability and business efficiency.
- Happy to turn your hand to new technical issues and solutions, and enjoy problem solving and fault finding.
- Smart, well presented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Well organised with an ability to manage a demanding workload and understand client priorities.
- Genuinely interested in the IT industry, with a personal drive to keep your skills and knowledge up to date or ahead of the game.
- A people person who can keep calm in stressful situations and explain technical solutions to non technical end users.
- A team player, focussed on delivering good service, supporting clients and colleagues but able to work independently.
- Committed to your work, flexible in your approach and willing to go the extra mile on a daily basis.
If you have not been contacted within 5 working days, then unfortunately on this occasion your CV has not been shortlisted.
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719