|Salary:||£35,000 - £45,000|
The Application Technical Support role will be responsible for the ongoing support of services to clients.
The primary focus will be on supporting Enterprise and Hosted web application products, assisting with software configuration, technical support of software and hardware issues and troubleshooting via phone, email or onsite visits.
You will be a technically minded, hands-on individual, able to think on your feet, and solve problems with creative solutions. The right candidate will have strong work ethics and a very professional approach. You will hold a full UK drivers licence (clean), hold a current UK passport and be prepared to travel.
You will have experience in development of .NET/C# to a basic level, enabling you to read, understand and make code changes or recommend the solution to our 3rd line development team. You should have a desire and ambition to continue to grow or enhance your development experience through this interaction with client solutions.
This role will be subject to either standard hours or non-core working hours, as part of a rota, according to client demand.
The Application Technical Support responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To provide 1st and 2nd line technical support queries professionally and efficiently, maintaining a high degree of customer service;
- To ensure that all SLA’s and escalation points are met;
- To work effectively and productively with 3rd line support;
- To take ownership of user problems, perform a technical diagnosis and fix the issue either remotely or on-site;
- To document all calls on our call logging system;
- To maintain user security on all systems;
- Supporting users in the use of Computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice;
- To arrange for external support visit whenever problems cannot be resolved in house;
- Train users in our software via remote methods, or face to face;
- Install and configure our products according to the client requirements and as per project plans;
- Local IT systems management; maintenance and provision of local IT resources to aid in the running of the UK operation
- Act as an implementation engineer, taking direction from the Project Manager and working with the client to implement their installation of Q-Flow and assist in the ongoing change and configuration of that installation
- Must have basic experience with Microsoft .NET 4+ C# technologies and above
- Database access, to MSSQL to read write via stored procedures/TSQL
- Altering ASPX webforms to make minor page changes
- Ability to debug and investigate .NET code solutions
- Ability to write clean, efficient, maintainable code and libraries
- Must have experience with Microsoft MS SQL technologies 2012/14, specifically:
- Writing efficient, performant TSQL queries against SQL tables, views
- Writing stored procedures and functions
- Ability to debug and investigate SQL code solutions
- Must have experience with Web Design/Scripting Languages:
- Writing HTML and CSS, JQuery
- Knowledge Angular to create new product modules
- Should be technically minded, strong ability to learn and problem solve
- Should have experience of .NET web application support
- Should have experience and knowledge of diagnosing issues with MS SQL (SQL scripts, Stored Procedures and SQL Databases)
- Should have knowledge and experience of diagnosing issues in simple Visual Basic or C# code (capable of understanding code and identifying issues)
- Should have knowledge of IIS (configuration, sites, application pools, permissions)
- Should have keen ability to learn, self-learn and self-research, and use all resources available (knowledge-bases, search engines, colleague knowledge) to resolve an incident
- Should have an excellent telephone manner
- Should have an ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people in a clear and concise manner
- Preferable to have knowledge of PC hardware, cabling and networking
- Preferable to have knowledge of Windows Server and setup
If you have not been contacted within 5 working days, then unfortunately on this occasion your CV has not been shortlisted.
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719