|Salary:||£37,500 - £40,000|
Our client has a vacancy for an Assistant Solicitor to join their Guildford office in the Business Law department. The main purpose of this role is to
undertake fee earning work and provide a profitable contribution to the work of the department.
- Conduct of matters on behalf of clients
- Demonstrates consistent willingness to become involved in activities of the firm outside of those of normal working hours.
- Is developing a client/referrer base.
- Appreciates and identified opportunities to refer work to other departments.
- Recognises the important of practice development and marketing and shows consistent willingness to become involved with some supervision/guidance.
- Financial control with particular regard to cash-flow control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures
- To utilise the skills of any Department Trainee and to assist with the Trainee’s training
- Travelling to client meetings both in and outside the UK when required
- Promoting good file management
- Ability to work self-sufficiently without non-fee-earner support
- To ensure compliance with Lexcel and other regulatory procedures
- To maintain and improve professional knowledge base including attainment of annual CPD points
- To assist during the absence of other fee earners
- Undertake other duties as from time to time required
Essential skills & Knowledge
- Sound training
- Well-developed interpersonal, social and communication skills Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Computer literate with an ability to develop its use in own functional area
- Enthusiasm and commitment
- A sound knowledge of your responsibilities as a Solicitor including in the following areas:
– Rules and principles of professional conduct
– Client care
– Conflicts of interest
– Relations with third parties
– Relations with other solicitors
- Prior knowledge of Evolution or other office management systems
- Prior knowledge of Lexcel requirements
If you have not been contacted within 5 working days, then unfortunately on this occasion your CV has not been shortlisted.
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719