|Salary:||£35,000 - £45,000|
Our client is an established, dynamic and successful software company, supplying leading edge software applications to manufacturers. A market leader worldwide, with an enviable list of major household names as customers. Our client is looking for an experienced individual to champion automation within the QA team.
Job Title: Automation Test Engineer
Reports To: Quality Manager
Function: Participate in the test automation process;
Develop and execute automated test suites using selenium with C#;
Integrate existing manual test suites into the automation framework; Understand complex product issues; and, Perform other testing-related duties as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designing and writing test automation scripts
- Use risk-driven techniques to develop, maintain, and execute automated test suites; i.e., perform automated dynamic testing.
- Work with the Quality team and Development team to capture and reuse automated Unit Test Cases and refine existing test cases.
- Participate in the QA Review and Sprint Review Meetings to identify automation priority and impact on existing test suites
- Work with the Development Team to create and maintain an automated nightly build verification process (“smoke”) test. This includes the Continuous Integration Test Suite.
- Results Tracking and Reporting
- Update test execution status following agreed-upon processes as part of regularly-scheduled test status updates for Automation.
- Trace test cases and results back to specific quality risks.
- Assist the Quality Manager in the creation of test project status reports and metrics (e.g., Test Automation Dashboards).
- Provide the Quality Manager with accurate and precise estimates for assigned automation task duration, along with confidence levels and foreseeable dependencies.
- Provide technical guidance to Quality Assurance team members to assist the with their Test Automation Engineer developments.
- Provide the Quality Manager with performance appraisal updates throughout the year
- Skills, Education, and Experience
- An ISTQB qualification is desirable
- Previous knowledge using C# in a commercial environment – either through software development or test automation.
- Participate in the company appraisal process, actively tracking tasks through to
- Knowledge of source control methodology: GIT, SVN etc.
- Management of test environments using automated deployment tools
- PowerShell is desirable.
- Microsoft Azure environment, automation and deployment
- 2+ years of Automation Experience.
- Attitudes and Initiative
- Develop and maintain good professional working relationships, especially within the quality assurance team and with those who interact regularly with the team.
- Focus on the important testing and project priorities as agreed-upon with the Quality Manager.
- Show initiative in setting and meeting goals within an environment of managed change.
If you have not heard back within 5 working days, then unfortunately on this occasion you have not been successful.
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719