|Salary:||£55,000 - £65,000 per annum|
We have an excellent opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join a professional services company’s marketing & BD team. The role will work closely alongside the other BD Managers and will be responsible for delivering a professional, high quality, proactive and consistent approach to business development that focusses on strengthening deepening and growing client relationships.
Key responsibilities will include:
Business and BD strategy
- Working with the departments to help draft, implement and deliver business plans as well as the marketing plans and budgets to support these plans.
- Identifying collaborative campaigns and initiatives in line with the business plans to grow new and existing business including working with other members of the team to implement effective cross selling.
- Identifying profile raising opportunities for the various departments working with the company’s PR agency to ensure effective coverage.
- Advising on BD investment decisions at the department level, overseeing the expenditure reports (working with the finance team) and contributing to ensure that the company receives suitable return on investment.
- Supporting the Head of Marketing & BD and leadership with projects as required.
Pitch, credential and presentation management
- Developing the pitch process to ensure effective consideration of opportunities and fostering a suitable go/no go decision process.
- Providing strategic management of pitches.
- Overseeing the management of the BD tool kit to ensure the firm has an up to date bank of effective template responses for pitch situations.
- Preparing directors ahead of client and target meetings.
- Advising the executive on the drafting of pitch and credential materials, in order to develop their skills.
- Working with the other members of the BD team to oversee the management of the firm wide experience and pitch activity databases to ensure information is up to date and complete through the implementation of a robust deal tracking and experience capturing process.
- Researching and analysing competitor and market data/information.
- Devising and implementing client plans, as identified in the business planning process,
- Regularly providing suggestions for ways of enhancing client relationships and/or cross selling relationships across departments.
- Supporting the Head of Marketing & BD to develop the client listening programme into an ongoing means of gathering feedback.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree-educated (preferable).
- CIM qualification (desirable).
- Previous experience of marketing/BD in either a law firm or other professional services firm.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and be persuasive at a senior level.
- Ability to understand the unique company culture and adapt approach to work accordingly.
- Collaborative team player, reliable, helpful, willing to share ideas, assist in developing more junior members and generally contribute to moving the output of the team to the next level.
- Pro-active approach to defining needs and delivering solutions.
- Being able to be in front of the business and plan and co-ordinate relevant stakeholders and colleagues.
- Excellent project management, organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables within a tight timeframe and deliver high quality work.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and provide support on prioritisation for any direct report.
- Ability to delegate effectively whilst keeping a good handle of progress and quality.
- Outgoing personality a people person.
- Willingness to meet the demands of the role through extended hours when required.
- Competitive base salary
- Pensions Scheme (5% employer contribution)
- Private medical insurance
- Permanent health insurance
- Life assurance
- Travel option to apply for an interest free loan for a season ticket or parking permit
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay (after sufficient service)
- Comprehensive flexible benefits package including:
- Critical illness insurance
- Buy/Sell holiday scheme
- Dental insurance
- Core hours are 09:00 17:30 with potential for a flexible working arrangement.
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719