|Salary:||£22,000 - £27,000|
Our professional client based in Guildford are seeking a Claims Adjuster to join their team. The right candidate will be responsible for handling lower value, non-complex claims that are outside of the Claims Support scope, undertaking claims administration and ensuring accurate claims data is maintained.
Key accountabilities & deliverables:
- Responsible for adjusting claims within authority limits and in accordance with the company’s Claims Philosophy and associated key performance measures
- Reporting to Deputy Head of Claims, where appropriate, in particular, where claims are above, or have the potential to go above, own authority limits
- Setting appropriate and accurate case reserves in a timely manner
- Ensuring prompt payment of valid, undisputed claims
- Maintaining accurate claims data across our various claims management systems and ensuring that all claims documents are appropriately filed in the document storage system
- Provide triage of incoming claims where appropriate, segmenting claims promptly
- Developing positive, professional dialogue with both Brokers and Insureds on claims matters and, wherever possible, actively participating in market events as deemed necessary to positively raise the Company profile
- Liaising with external experts, including appropriate management of panel including Terms of Engagement and Fees
- Set-up, administer and manage a case diary and appropriate follow-up on all claims
- Assist in preparation of Management Information reports and liaising with Underwriters where specific claims information is requested, and attending Underwriting meetings as required by class of business
- Support the embedded Company culture of Treating Customers Fairly and Conduct Risk, while ensuring compliance with all Company strategies and regulatory or statutory requirements
In addition to the above key responsibilities, you may be required to undertake other duties from time to time as the Company may reasonably require.
Education & experience:
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of working in insurance markets and be working towards Professional Qualifications (CII)
You need to be able to think innovatively and be a bright individual who can and provide constructive input and show the ability to investigate, question, explore and innovate; As well as Adjusting skills; you will need the ability to identify early exposure and to plan and consider an appropriate resolution strategy in line with the Claims Philosophy.
If you have not been contacted within 5 working days, then unfortunately on this occasion your CV has not been shortlisted.
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719