|Salary:||£24,000 - £25,000|
|Sector:||Finance & Accounts|
Our client in Alton are looking for a Credit Controller to join their team. The right candidate will ensure that all outstanding funds are collected in a timely manner by proactively reviewing the sales ledger and chasing for payment on a timely basis with the objective of minimising the DSO and aged debt.
- Proactively review the sales ledger to identify invoices that are falling due for payment or overdue.
- Chase all invoices for payment, prioritising by age and value where necessary.
- Answer customer queries in a timely manner.
- Raising all invoices for fulfilled orders and ensuring these are sent to customers on a timely basis.
- Access portals for electronic invoicing to customers.
- Circulate mid and end of month statements are sent to customers on a timely basis to maximise cash collection.
- Log and allocate cash postings onto Netsuite on a timely basis.
- To ensure that the Shared AR spreadsheet is updated daily with the latest data, deleting any customers that have paid.
- Identify any overdue balances that need to be escalated to the Transactional Finance Manager for further action.
- Assist the credit control manager in the production of the weekly cash forecast review.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
- Effective telephone manner
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with customers
- Ability to work confidentially and to treat issues with sensitivity
- Knowledge and experience of Sales Ledger
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise work and manage a number of tasks concurrently
- Ability to work individually on own initiative
- Willingness to work as part of a team and take on colleagues’ tasks when the need arises, and to provide cover during periods of absence or peak periods.
- Ability to work to a high level of accuracy
- Excellent experience of all Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
Benefits include 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, cycle to work scheme, health cash plan scheme & 10% bonus scheme.
If you have not been contacted within 5 working days, then unfortunately on this occasion your CV has not been shortlisted.
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719