|Salary:||£25000 - £30000 per annum|
This role will be key to onboarding clients, day to day monitoring and managing and responding to security alerts, working with internal and client teams to resolve potential security issues, as well as generating regular reports and making recommendations for security improvements.
This is a hybrid role, with 2 or 3 days a week being with the rest of your colleagues in the office.
You will undertake analytical monitoring work that ensures the security of clients’ IT systems, identifying, proactively resolving, and reporting potential security issues. Provide straight forward, efficient and secure IT management. Be at the heart of IT for all customers, providing them with round the clock reassurance that their IT is safe, resilient and in good health.
You will be responsible for tickets and alerts generated by the platform, responding quickly and liaising with clients directly to explain, investigate and remediate threats. You will prepare client reports on a monthly basis to demonstrate the value of the service and make recommendations to improve client’s security position, making sure that the client feels well communicated with, in a manner that hasn’t made them feel silly! The feeling you leave the client with after your call, will often form a large part of that client’s opinion of the company.
Your main duties will consist of:
- Monitoring client infrastructure using the platform, making tweaks and changes to ensure that appropriate alerting is in place.
- Making an informed judgment on whether an alert constitutes a likely security incident or breach versus a false positive.
- Rapid triage, investigation and response to incidents in accordance with the client’s procedures, ensuring they meet a demanding Service Level Agreement.
- Liaising directly with client primary and technical contacts when investigating incidents and threats, explaining situations in a jargon-free and friendly manner.
- Onboarding new clients to the platform, ensuring that alerting is accurate and appropriate for clients architecture and security requirements.
- Maintaining a keen understanding of evolving threats and vulnerabilities to ensure the security of client’s environments.
- Contributing and responding to critical vulnerability alerts from service providers, assisting with emergency patch deployments to minimise risk to our clients.
- Updating documentation, processes and procedures for security services.
- Producing monthly client reports, including recommendations as to how security can be improved
- Hands-on experience with cybersecurity, or having worked in a security focussed role.
- CompTIA Security+ or similar certification
- Experience of working in an IT Support role or demonstrated strong ticket management and stakeholder management.
- Keen interest in security, with a good understanding of fundamental concepts and eagerness to stay up to date with the changing security landscape and emerging trends or vulnerabilities.
- Ability to explain security concepts to non-technical client contacts in a jargon-free way.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Natural curiosity to challenge the status quo and identify innovative ways to improve services for clients.
- Ability to prioritise effectively and manage ambiguity.
- Good analytical and logical thinking skills to identify meaning and value behind the data.
- Efficient workload management and planning.
Personal Qualities you will have
- Keen interest in ongoing professional development.
- Reliability and overall good communication skills.
- The ability to remain calm and think rationally during a crisis or high-pressure situation.
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719