|Salary:||£44,000 - £46,000|
Are you a Solicitor with experience and a keen interest in Employment looking to work for a newly merged firm carving out a new way of working within the Legal sector?
Our client is looking for an experienced solicitor to join the employment based team in Southampton. You will be working within a supportive environment with a team of excellent Lawyers and will experience a wide ranging and diverse workload.
- Fulfil personal case load, managing cases from start to finish
- Assist with marketing and business development for the department and firm
- Report to the Partner in charge of the team
- Assisting other Team fee earners to fulfil their case loads
- Assist with the coaching and mentoring of junior members of the team to improve their knowledge and capability.
- Present at seminars and webinars run by the team
What we look for:
- Qualified Solicitor with experience in/aptitude for both contentious and non-contentious Employment work.
- Excellent knowledge of employment tribunal practice and procedure
- Advocacy skills
- Pro-activity and initiative
- An ability to understand the client’s business and what motivates them as well as their objectives
- Good communication skills – a good personal manner and an ability to relate to and communicate with clients providing clear advice and work with staff at all levels
- Good drafting skills – particular experience drafting employment contracts, handbooks, service agreements, consultancy agreements and settlement agreements
- Good employment legal skills keeping up to date on developments and anticipated changes
- An ability to anticipate the client’s needs and requirements and provide commercial tailored advice
- In advising in relation to disciplinary and grievance matters, unfair dismissal, discrimination claims, GDPR, the enforcement of restrictive covenants, TUPE and employment status.
- Advising on the terms of settlement agreements showing added value and good negotiation skills
- An ability to react quickly to the client’s requirements and provide excellent service
- Good technical and organisational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Creativity and an ability to find solutions to problems not just repeat the law
- Good Presentation skills
If you have not heard back within 5 working days, then unfortunately on this occasion you have not been successful.
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719