|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£70,000 - £85,000 per annum|
Our niche client based in Birmingham are looking for a Commercial Contracts Executive, who will be responsible for negotiating mutually beneficial contractual relationships with clients. This will be a remote role with one day in the office.
Job responsibilities include:
- Manage, structure, draft and negotiate full range of all contractual agreements for the company.
- Terms and Conditions compliance, including flow down of prime contract commercial requirements to suppliers.
- Provide practical legal advice, risk assessment and advice on issues of contractual interpretation and assist in any dispute resolution process.
- Continuously review, amend, and manage contractual framework for the company’s market activities.
- Manage contracts database and overall contractual workflow & governance across the business.
- Manage 3rd party legal and contractual advisory services.
- Leading the preparation, drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts including client and supplier contracts.
- Working with external legal advisors to provide legal advice to the senior leadership team on all contractual matters.
- Leading the design, drafting, implementation and communication of enhancements and amendments to existing and future client terms and conditions as required.
- Collaborate with other internal teams (e.g., Sales, Operations, Finance) and external legal counsel to structure appropriate commercial frameworks.
- Provide pragmatic, competent and timely general legal advice to all teams across the business assisting with any litigation management and settlement with external legal support
- Identify and manage contractual risks and implement solutions to problems and issues as they arise.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key clients and cross-functional partners.
- Manage and administer the contract review process including production and maintenance of contracts including Statements of Work.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulation and providing constructive advice and solutions.
- Establish best practice and working processes to support optimum operating agility balanced with contractual and commercial risk.
- Management of 3rd party insurers and overall corporate risk framework.
- Scope excludes HR legal related aspects
Skills and Experience:
- In-house contract management experience in IT service firms such as MSPs or CSPs.
- Substantive experience as lead drafter and negotiator of complex commercial contracts with excellent drafting and negotiating skills.
- Excellent working experience and knowledge of relevant legislation particularly relating to financial services (such as GDPR ; PRA, FCA, and EBA guidance).
- Track record in creating and negotiating risk mitigating strategies into contracts, balancing business and commercial risks with the customer’s requirements, and making sound recommendations and decisions with senior management.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen, and a good understanding of accounting principles.
- Diligent, well organised and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Experience working closely with senior management and across clients, vendors and suppliers.
- Experience of corporate risk frameworks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to confidently deal with people at all levels.
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams.
- Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humour
- Utilising wide range of experience and life skills in a supportive and constructive environment.
- True multitasker, able to balance & prioritise complex workload demands.
- Excellent relationship and senior stakeholder manger.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with great attention to detail.
- Professional appearance, well-mannered and a constructive attitude in all work-related matters
- Self-motivated, flexible in approach, enthusiastic team player.
- Strong rapport and relationship building skills with clients, vendors and suppliers.
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office
- Strong sense of responsibility and accountability, results driven
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719