|Salary:||£85000 - £110000 per annum|
A fantastic opportunity for a commercially astute, internal Contract Specialist to join a Technology MSP helping to navigate their ambitious growth plans, mitigate risk, educate clients on risk, support sales and keep up to date on new legislation.
This position will require lots of autonomy so confident communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to work with C Suite internal stakeholders, suppliers, vendors, as well as new and existing customers is essential.
The role will be mainly remote with meetings to the UK offices required (Birmingham or Surrey) as well as where possible meetings to external suppliers.
Due to the company’s growth plans the legal team is likely to grow, presenting an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate, so ambition is welcomed!
Job responsibilities include:
- Manage, structure, draft and negotiate full range of all contractual agreements for the company.
- Terms and Conditions compliance, including flow down of prime contract commercial requirements to suppliers.
- Provide practical legal advice, risk assessment and advice on issues of contractual interpretation and assist in any dispute resolution process.
- Continuously review, amend, and manage contractual framework for the company’s market activities.
- Manage contracts database and overall contractual workflow & governance across the business.
- Manage 3rd party legal and contractual advisory services.
- Leading the preparation, drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts including client and supplier contracts.
- Working with external legal advisors to provide legal advice to the senior leadership team on all contractual matters.
- Leading the design, drafting, implementation and communication of enhancements and amendments to existing and future client terms and conditions as required.
- Collaborate with other internal teams (e.g., Sales, Operations, Finance) and external legal counsel to structure appropriate commercial frameworks.
- Provide pragmatic, competent and timely general legal advice to all teams across the business assisting with any litigation management and settlement with external legal support
- Identify and manage contractual risks and implement solutions to problems and issues as they arise.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key clients and cross-functional partners.
- Manage and administer the contract review process including production and maintenance of contracts including Statements of Work.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulation and providing constructive advice and solutions.
- Establish best practice and working processes to support optimum operating agility balanced with contractual and commercial risk.
- Management of 3rd party insurers and overall corporate risk framework.
- Scope excludes HR legal related aspects
Skills and Experience:
- In-house contract management experience in IT service firms such as MSPs or CSPs.
- Substantive experience as lead drafter and negotiator of complex commercial contracts with excellent drafting and negotiating skills.
- Excellent working experience and knowledge of relevant legislation particularly relating to financial services (such as GDPR ; PRA, FCA, and EBA guidance).
- Track record in creating and negotiating risk mitigating strategies into contracts, balancing business and commercial risks with the customer’s requirements, and making sound recommendations and decisions with senior management.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen, and a good understanding of accounting principles.
- Diligent, well organised and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Experience working closely with senior management and across clients, vendors and suppliers.
- Experience of corporate risk frameworks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to confidently deal with people at all levels.
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams.
- Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humour
- Utilising wide range of experience and life skills in a supportive and constructive environment.
- True multitasker, able to balance & prioritise complex workload demands.
- Excellent relationship and senior stakeholder manger.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with great attention to detail.
- Professional appearance, well-mannered and a constructive attitude in all work-related matters
- Self-motivated, flexible in approach, enthusiastic team player.
- Strong rapport and relationship building skills with clients, vendors and suppliers.
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office
- Strong sense of responsibility and accountability, results driven
If you have not been contacted within 5 working days, then unfortunately on this occasion your CV has not been shortlisted.
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719