|Salary:||£28000 - £30000 per annum|
An exciting opportunity for a 2nd Line Support candidate with exceptional interpersonal and client servicing skills to join an organisation that truly value their staff and have made it their mission to be the most people focused IT supplier on the market. As they know that it’s people that make them stand out from the competition, there is a focus on doing the right thing in the best way possible, with an emphasis on Health and Well Being for staff as well as personal development.
Field Support Consultants are responsible for providing face to face support to end users at client sites who are typically based in London and the Home Counties. You will have your own portfolio of regular clients and you’ll be a very visible representative of company, building great relationships with your clients and leaving end users with a positive impression of the firm.
- Visit clients for planned visits, floor-walking, interacting proactively with IT users and supporting them with any IT queries
- Deal with a wide variety of users and businesses, from small to large, corporate to charity, IT savvy to the technically challenged!
- Manage your own case load, escalate calls to 3rd line and senior colleagues and liaise with third parties to find a speedy resolution to client’s issues
- Research issues for which you don’t have an immediate answer
- Work alongside the wider team, to manage client issues that might need input from other stakeholder
- Maintain and develop your technical skill set to ensure that our solutions remain at the cutting edge
- Perform ad-hoc remote machine setups
- Produce site reports for clients
The successful candidate will……
- Be an experienced IT Support Technician who has probably been working at a second line level.
- Have good technical skills but we also need you to be a great communicator, well organised and with a good attention to detail. You’ll be part of our Technical Team which is made up of Engineers and Consultants delivering a wide range of IT projects for clients.
- Be able to work with a different client every day of the week, sometimes remotely, often on site, the work will cover BAU support either out of office, your home office or the client’s offices. There will be plenty of variety!
- Enjoy looking at open tickets from our Support Team delivering solutions on site, or liaising with the remote team to carry on work you have initiated on site but can be completed remotely.
- Providing clear and concise communication in both written and verbal form, without using jargon
- Being self-motivated and initiative driven and thinking outside the box
- Planning your workload, being prepared and meeting deadlines
- Always putting the customer first
- Dealing with things as they happen, and being flexible with anomalies
- Being a reliable member of the team
- Instilling confidence in your approach both with colleagues and clients alike
- Being passionate about current technologies; always pushing yourself and the company forward
- Having a can-do attitude, and persevering to get the job done
- Maintaining a professional approach at all times
- Maintaining a level-head, keeping calm under pressure and appreciating the bigger picture.
- You will already have some client facing experience
- You will already be used to working independently
- You will have a background working on an IT helpdesk at second line level
- Tech certifications in Microsoft technologies/networking fundamentals
- Experience in a multi-client environment
If you have not been contacted within 5 working days, then unfortunately on this occasion your CV has not been shortlisted.
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719