|We are looking for a confident and enthusiastic finance administrator to join our client’s events team in Godalming.
You will look after all bookkeeping aspects and financial management reporting for the events portfolio, both at portfolio level and by individual event, including analysis of variation to budget.
Working closely with colleagues in the Sales, Marketing and Operations teams, you will take ownership of maintaining a central hub of accurate financial information and safeguard budgetary controls.
In addition to your core responsibilities you will look after the facilities of and supplies for our small office.
You will have excellent administration and communication skills along with a sound background in accounts administration. You will enjoy working in a fast paced environment and thrive on taking ownership of your suite of responsibilities.
- Manage the Company’s purchase order system and liaise with colleagues regularly to ensure consistent and accurate use in accordance with budgets.
- Record supplier invoices and maintain creditors, ensuring costs are settled appropriately.
- Work closely with the Operations and Marketing teams to ensure any supplier queries are resolved expediently.
- Process bank and cash transactions, allocating sales receipts, reconciling against bank and sales statements.
- Work closely with the Sales team to ensure appropriate control of ageing debt.
- Maintain the accounting records, incorporating all elements to trial balance, observing statutory as well as management reporting deadlines.
- Liaise with the Financial Controller on a weekly basis and in accordance with an agreed set of standards and reporting parameters.
- Maintain a rolling analysis of variation to budget, alerting the MD of Events to any variances of concern.
- Responsible for maintaining the facilities and administration of a small office (stationary, refreshments and cleaning supplies, parking arrangements, etc.).
- In addition to your main duties you will be required to carry out such other duties consistent with your position to meet the needs of the business.
Knowledge and skills required:
- Accounts Payable & Receivable
- Credit Control
- General Office Administration
- Budget reporting (desirable)
- IT skills – Ms Word, Excel & Outlook
- 2 years’ experience in an office environment (desirable)
- Good communication and organisational skills
If you have not been contacted within 5 working days, then unfortunately on this occasion your CV has not been shortlisted.
Would you like to discuss this role further?
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719