|Salary:||£20,000 - £25,000|
|Sector:||Finance & Accounts|
Our prestigious client based in Guildford are looking for a Finance Assistant to join their busy team.
The successful candidate will initially be involved with aspects of office and client accounting. They will report to the Finance Supervisor and there will be scope to broaden responsibilities over time.
The job will consist of the following tasks:
- Bank Reconciliations – daily and monthly (including currency accounts)
- Logging incoming cheques and preparing paperwork for banking
- Processing cheques for both office and client bank accounts
- Processing invoices
- Monitoring client account transactions and posting transactions to the client account and matter ledgers
- Assisting with purchase ledger through Concur invoicing
- Petty cash reconciliation and re-imbursement
- Processing payment of staff season ticket loan requests
- General ad-hoc support to legal departments
- Overseeing the deposit accounts including processing requests for investments & withdrawals, maintaining spreadsheet of accounts and updating records
- Preparing and distributing aged WIP and disbursement reports
- Filing of Money Market and Escrow account statements
Person / Experience Required
You must have the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal with all levels of employees
- Committed to excellent client service
- Highly numerate
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Team player
- Effective organisation & administration skills
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use initiative
- Keen and enthusiastic
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Word and Outlook
As a minimum the candidate will have 5 GCSEs including English and Maths at Grade C or above. A levels are preferred.
If you have not been contacted within 5 working days, then unfortunately on this occasion your CV has not been shortlisted.
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719