|Salary:||£30,000 - £35,000 + up to 20% bonus|
|Sector:||Finance & Accounts|
- Hours of Work – 9 am to 5pm with one hour for lunch.
- £30,000 – £35,000 based on experience
- 24 days leave
- 6% Pension contribution
- Up to 20% bonus
- X4 Life Insurance
The Finance Manager will be responsible for ensuring the statutory and regulatory conformity of the company’s Europe business in respect to all the accounting and fiscal practices required by UK legislation. Providing the necessary financial, management reporting and advice to management in Europe and US to ensure sound business decisions are made through financial planning, budget control, forecasting, invoicing, cash management and debt management.
The incumbent will report directly to the Managing Director and will be a member of the European Management Team.
Finance Management Responsibilities:
- Monitor all company expenditure by managing the process for all overhead and expense invoices, ensuring approval and sorting all queries as well as posting on the accounting system.
- Managing the company accounting systems and to ensure all postings are made accurately.
- Ensuring controls, processes and procedures are in place in respect to financial reporting, capital expenditure, banking, payroll, pensions, insurances, invoicing, debt management and personnel expense reporting.
- Support MD in preparation of annual budgets down to contribution level.
- Support MD in preparation of country business plans.
- Prepare the closing of the purchase ledger at month end, to agreed timelines as set out ensuring everything is posted.
- Produce reports for fortnightly payment for submission to MD (Europe)and submit by BACS.
- Processing of staff expenses.
- Prepare payroll to submit to external suppliers in UK & Germany.
- Produce month end journals and post onto financial system, to include all accruals, prepayments, wages etc.
- Reconciliation off all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Developing external relations with appropriate contacts – auditors, banks, insurance, HMRC, customers and vendors.
- Generating and communicating management reports as required to agreed timelines.
- Produce monthly sales report to agreed timelines.
- Produce monthly departmental budget reports.
- Produce and manage cash-flow forecasts.
- Calculation of monthly customer rebates due to customers and producing credit notes.
- Preparation of VAT for UK and US on a quarterly basis.
- Ensuring all VAT, national insurance and custom duties etc are paid in full and on time.
- Prepare all necessary documentation to ensure external auditors can conduct the annual audit and reporting.
- Responding and providing necessary detail/information for European Managing Director and CFO in the US.
- Representing Europe in management meetings and conference calls as required.
- Managing HR activities – maintenance of employee contracts/salaries/bonus/pensions etc in conjunction HR USA.
- GDPR Compliance.
- Any other Ad Hoc jobs as required by management.
- Strong track record of being a team player
- Strong interpersonal and customer relation skills
- Strong analytical skills with good accounting knowledge
- Proven ability to identify customer/colleague needs and perceptions
- Independent thinker and ability to motivate others to improve
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good understanding of computer and accounting systems – high level of proficiency
- Strong influencing skills and ability to work well with others to achieve objectives.
- Language Skills: This position requires a self-starting, analytical, detailed and organised individual with a considerable degree of good judgment, excellent written and oral communication, self-confidence and the ability to conduct activities without supervision.
- Reasoning Ability: The ability to effectively communicate problems and solutions to team members both orally and in writing, and maintain interpersonal relationships is essential. Must possess ability to multi-task several projects with various deadlines, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Achieving Results: Self-disciplined, detailed and organised. Identifies and resolves problem in a timely manner. Prioritises and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Adaptability & Change Management: Effectively deals with and handles change and uncertainty. Adapts easily and quickly to a changing environment without losing effectiveness.
- Personal Development: Listens well and is aware of personal strengths and weaknesses and takes continuous action to improve personal capabilities.
- Minimum work experience of 3 years account management
- AAT qualified
- Possesses excellent eye for detail
- Collaborative (internal & external)
- Good communicator
- Capable of delivering to agreed timelines
- High level of integrity and professionalism
- Non-bureaucratic, comfortable in flat organization
If you have not been contacted within 5 working days, then unfortunately on this occasion your CV has not been shortlisted.
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719