|Sector:||Finance & Accounts|
Our client is a family originated business, based in Aldershot, Hampshire who promote communication, visibility, accountability and growth. The organisation looks to build teams with employees who possess an entrepreneurial mindset who look to take initiative and find ways to achieve excellence in their roles. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Financial Controller to join the organisation!
What you’ll be doing
We are looking for a results-driven and confident Financial Controller to manage and improve the organisation’s financial performance and direct our accounting operations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Management of finance function of three, taking a lead in people and professional development, whilst promoting a culture of excellence;
- Business partnering closely with the MD, FD and other senior stakeholders to ensure the business hits its strategic milestones;
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances;
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements, presenting findings at weekly
- Directors meetings; Lead month-end and year-end close process;
- Liaise with the Auditors to prepare the statutory accounts;
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting; and Develop, document and improve business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
This role is for you if you:
- Have experience as a Financial Controller or similar role in an SME
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified or professional stage accountant
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Live within 45 minutes of our HQ, Aldershot Hampshire;
If you have not been contacted within 5 working days, then unfortunately on this occasion your CV has not been shortlisted.
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719