|Salary:||£55,000 - £60,000|
Our prestigious client is seeking a General Healthcare and Commercial Manager based in Godalming. This role requires strategic planning, managing grounds and achieving specific business goals as well as continual review of healthcare needs within this community, assisting with the general day to day operations, ensuring the highest standards of service, planning and delivery.
The successful candidate will oversee a team of Line Managers, to whom all appropriate aspects of this Job Description may be shared or delegated. The Commercial and Care Manager will be supported by the Senior Management Team in areas such as HR, Finance and Communication.
- Strategic planning for the ongoing and future accommodation, support and healthcare needs of the residents.
- Ensure best practice in all healthcare and operational areas and implement all approved actions.
- Work with the Director of Finance & Business Administration in year-to-year budgeting for the areas under responsibility within the organisation and in longer-term financial planning as required.
- Work with the Head of HR to ensure all people practices adhere to Employment Legislation and organisational Policies.
- Ensure the conservation and protection of the buildings/property.
DAY-TO-DAY GENERAL OPERATIONS
- Form and lead an Operations Management Team.
- Ensure that responsibilities for Safeguarding of Vulnerable Persons, Risk Assessment, and Health & Safety, are embedded and rigorously monitored.
- Implement and monitor an Environmental policy with related practices across all Departments
- Oversee review and implement electronic and manual operating systems and services across the Departments under your remit.
- Ensure that Heads of Department adhere to policies and procedures implemented across the organisation.
- Attend meetings and Senior Management Team meetings, as required.
- Promote a culture of trust, accountability and professionalism across all departments and roles.
- Be responsible for own personal professional development in consultation with the Line Manager.
- Represent the organisation at external meetings / conferences.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Line manage Care Managers, ensuring that his/her team are fully supported providing quality care compatible with the CQC Care Standard.
- Line manage the Head of Hospitality to ensure that the support services of catering, laundry, housekeeping, and pastoral care are fit-for-purpose and working.
- In conjunction with the Head of Hospitality, ensure that all aspects of Health and Safety as it relates to hospitality are implemented e.g. the principles of food hygiene, infection control, risk assessment and safety are monitored continually across housekeeping and catering.
ESTATE AND PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
- Line manage the Head of Estates and Buildings, to ensure that the physical property assets of the company are maintained in optimum condition, cost-effectively and within budget, to protect and keep safe the assets of the company.
- In conjunction with the Head of Estates and Buildings ensure that the buildings, and grounds are maintained in a manner that supports visitors and guests in such a way as to safely maintain and preserve the community.
- In Conjunction with the Head of Estates and Buildings ensure that the Transport Officer develops procedures for the safety and maintenance of all vehicles, and for continually monitoring the safe driving standards and suitability of all employed drivers.
- Line manage the Office Manager, to ensure that appropriate and responsive administrative support is available to all Departments under your remit.
- Oversee and manage arrangements with providers of contracted services to ensure that residents and visitors receive a quality service at a cost-effective price.
- Working in partnership with external IT consultants to ensure there are effective IT systems and policies in place and timely IT support across the organization.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Fulfil delegated responsibility for managing Health and Safety across campus.
- Through each Line Manager, ensure that appropriate mandatory training is provided for staff and contractors in a timely manner.
- Fulfil responsibility for fire safety of all buildings and ensuring that the related fire safety training is provided for all staff.
- Work in a safe manner with due care and attention to safety of self and all other persons in the workplace.
- Degree or equivalent in facilities, operational or healthcare management
- Extensive experience in healthcare management, preferably in the private sector
- Previous experience of managing organizational change
Candidates invited for interview will be required to demonstrate the ability to:
- Use IT proficiently and confidentially
- Work with accuracy
- Respond to a given situation appropriately and sensitively at any time
- Work well with people from different parts of the world, being positive, supportive and encouraging of others.
- An inspiring leadership style, earning respect through role modelling and working collaboratively
- An understanding of Change Management and how to navigate through it both strategically and operationally
- Professionally and commercially astute
- Excellent people management and delegation skills
- Stakeholder management
- Excellent communication skills
- Extensive IT skills
- Personable and approachable
- Listens attentively
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
If you have not heard back within 5 working days, then on this occasion you have not been successful.
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719