|Salary:||£34,000 - £36,000 per annum|
|Sector:||Human Resources and Personnel|
This is an excellent and rare opportunity for an outstanding HR Advisor to join a friendly and experienced team on either a part-time (28 hours) or full time basis (35 hours) per week. Our client provides comprehensive high-quality HR support, including HR advice and guidance, recruitment of staff, project support, contributions to policy development and to be the ‘go to’ day-to-day HR specialist within the company. The role is busy, varied and challenging. If you are CIPD qualified, in the process of working towards your CIPD qualification, or have relevant equivalent HR experience, coupled with previous experience of operating in a professional environment such as legal services or a large organisation, we would love to hear from you.
To provide comprehensive and professional HR services and support.
- To be responsible for recruitment projects, i.e. working closely with line managers to identify requirements, ensuring that comprehensive job and person specifications are prepared.
- Advise on appropriate and cost-effective sourcing/recruitment
- Facilitate short-listing process, arrange and participate in
- Manage the job offer process, from preparation and issue of offer letters and contracts, taking up references and coordinating checks.
- Facilitate the preparation of a comprehensive induction for new employees, together with line managers.
Policies and Pay:
- Draft and update HR policies, processes and procedures for review with the HR
- Manage the Pensions provision for staff, ensuring that auto enrolment legislation is adhered
- Prepare salary recommendations for new or revised roles, taking internal and external salary comparisons into
- Arrange the annual pay review meeting, e. provide background data, draft recommendations, in consultation with the HR Director.
- Prepare monthly payroll changes ready for authorisation and communicating to the finance
- Advise managers on HR best practices across a range of HR topics, including recruitment, performance management, employment practices, disciplinary and grievance
- Oversee the management of the staff holiday records system and staff sickness
- Manage disciplinary, capability, exit and redundancy processes, when applicable, alongside line managers.
- Administer staff annual
- Support line manager on identifying training and development
- Be responsible for HR
- Keep up-to-date on employment legislation and HR best
- Lead on process and communications for any statutory leave or other leave
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by the HR.
- Provide guidance and support on any HR and policy-related queries, ensuring that queries are followed up swiftly and responded to by the most appropriate
- Manage staff sickness absence records
- Ensure that the HR toolkit is an up-to-date source of good HR guidance and
- Degree or equivalent level of
- CIPD qualified, or relevant equivalent HR experience.
- Previous experience of operating in a professional environment such as legal services or a large organisation.
- Providing HR advice to managers at all levels in an
- Development of HR policies and good practice guidance.
- Strong working knowledge of UK employment legislation and the ability to apply these to a variety of situations, using a pragmatic and common-sense
- Knowledge and understanding of personalities and behavioral styles in order to work collaboratively.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Pragmatic and solutions-orientated approach to resolving situations or
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities and workload
- Very clear communicator, with excellent written and verbal communication
- Good analytical and numeracy skills, with good attention to accuracy and
- Ability to write clearly and explain complex issues concisely.
- A warm and open demeanor, with a collaborative working
- Demonstrates maturity and
- Excellent listener – able to absorb information on range of topics and respond in a manner appropriate for the
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719