|Salary:||£60,000 - £70,000|
Purpose of the role
Working with the Head of HR, this exciting role leads a small team of HR professionals and requires someone who is pragmatic, resilient, and willing to roll up their sleeves to get things done. This position would suit someone who is passionate about delivering excellent HR services and building on new ways of working for the team, people managers and colleagues.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Apply their strong HR operational and best practice focus, with an ability to bring people along with them
- Focus on delivery of HR excellence through balancing everyday actions and identified initiatives
- Quickly build credible partnering relationships with people managers and colleagues
- Manage the HR operational team on a day-to-day basis to deliver an efficient and people focused service across our colleague journey, ensuring clarity of HR team roles and responsibilities.
- Work closely with the Senior Resourcing Partner to ensure new joiners are contracted and onboarded in an engaging way from offer stage to first 90-days.
- Embed the HR system as a business wide tool, ensuring it is an accurate one source of truth that adds value for all users. Within HR ensure the system is used to drive simplified and centralised ways of working
- Ensure ongoing improvement in how HR procedures and policies are designed and adopted, reflecting organisational needs, legislative changes and best practice
- Drive a proactive partnering approach that supports our people managers in managing a positive and effective team based culture
- Lead the HR team in delivering cyclical activities such as annual salary review/benchmarking and performance management (objectives) as well as other initiatives against the People Strategy and HR Excellence plan. Ensure they are completed in a timely way and with demonstrable outcomes
- Adapt HR practices with any new ways of working post pandemic; supporting the team, colleagues and managers to operate effectively in a hybrid operational environment
- Oversee approaches to colleague engagement and wellbeing through planned activities and actionable feedback channels (e.g. pulse surveys, events)
- Ensure monthly and quarterly metrics are compiled into relevant reporting
- packs for senior stakeholders (Executives and Board). This includes interpreting people data, predicting trends and making suggestions on the ‘so what’ question
- Using experience and best practice, support the Head of HR in managing complex employee relations issues.
- Ensure that GDPR remains a focus of the team, embedding best practice with maintaining HR records, sharing data and use of available tools (SharePoint, HR system etc.)
- Working with other internal leads, such as IT and Compliance, review and ensure ongoing delivery of mandatory colleague training modules.
- This role may require some travel and may also require the management of team members across multiple locations
- You may be required to undertake any other reasonable duties to support the business in achieving its strategic outcomes and ensure effective business operations
Required skills and experience
- Similar level of responsibility held in a fast-paced environment that thrives on change
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to apply HR practices in an organisation/function of <500 employees
- Focus on accuracy and quality of outputs.
- Demonstrates commercial acumen in partnering with the business
- Solid employment law knowledge and proven experience of applying updated legislation to a variety of situations
- Proven experience of managing small HR teams to high-performance, driving team engagement, growing competencies and skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellence at managing relations with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels, being persuasive and approachable
- Experience of HR project delivery
- Experience of working with data and presenting this in an easy to read format
- Experience of working with Cezanne
- Use of Power BI
If you have not been contacted within 5 working days, then unfortunately on this occasion your CV has not been shortlisted.
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719