|Salary:||£20,000 - £25,000|
Due to recent acquisitions there is a requirement to recruit cover for the operations roles. This role includes activities to support the Claims function by recording all agreed claims updates to the underwriting platform for use by Ceded RI and MI teams.
Key Accountabilities / Deliverables
Key Duties of the Role
- Carry out duties in accordance with internal policies and procedures and applicable law, rules, regulation, good governance and company’s shared values, including putting clients at the heart of our business.
- Act with integrity
- Act with due skill, care and diligence
- Be open and co-operative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators
- Take reasonable steps to ensure that the business of the firm for which you are responsible is controlled effectively
- Take reasonable steps to ensure that the business of the firm for which you are responsible complies with the relevant requirements and standards of the regulatory system
- Take reasonable steps to ensure that any delegation of your responsibilities is to an appropriate person and that you oversee the discharge of the delegated responsibility effectively
- Disclose appropriately any information of which the FCA or the PRA would reasonably expect to have notice
- When exercising your responsibilities, you must pay due regard to the interests of current and potential future policyholders in ensuring the provision by the firm of an appropriate degree of protection for their insured benefits
- To ensure that implications for stakeholders, particularly policyholders, are given appropriate consideration in company approach to business and that conduct is given appropriate consideration throughout the role to deliver fair customer outcomes.
- Logging, collation & distribution of claim notifications.
- Review, maintain & reconciliation of claim presentations into the mainframe system ensuring internal authority limits have been adhered to.
- Update of additional information to In-house systems as necessary – including manual reserves, event codes & narrative.
- Monitor incoming advices and ensure correct procedures are adhered to.
- Ensuring Lloyd’s Minimum Standards are met.
- Dealing with queries arising from Adjusters, Brokers and other 3rd parties.
- Chasing of 3rd parties for additional information.
- Collating information and compiling of spread sheets.
- Scanning, Photocopying, Archiving and general office duties.
- Participation in other ad hoc claims related projects as required.
- Assist with the update of procedures and the streamlining of department processes.
- Raising of accurate payments by due deadlines.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure the part of the business for which you are accountable for demonstrably complies with applicable laws, rules, regulation, good governance and company shared values, including putting clients at the heart of our business. If shortcomings are identified, take responsibility for remedial action planning and action in conjunction with the relevant experts within the firm.
- In addition to the above key responsibilities, you may be required to undertake other duties from time to time as the Company may reasonably require.
- London Market Experience beneficial
- Educated to an ‘A’ level or equivalent standard
- IT literate and comfortable with Office applications
- Previous experience in a Financial Industry would be advantageous
- Able to demonstrate competency in working in a detailed and accurate environment and understanding of the reasons for a regulatory oversight of processes.
- A willingness to learn and be flexible enough to take on new activities at short notice
- Being able to work within specified criteria and highlighting where this is not the case
- Spoken and written English to a high standard
If you have not been contacted within 5 working days following your application then unfortunately on this occasion your CV has not been shortlisted.
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719