|Salary:||£30,000 - £40,000|
Our client is seeking an IT Support Engineer to provide desktop and systems remote/telephone support to clients.
- Installation, maintenance and support of client site infrastructure along with maintaining relevant documentation and reporting.
- Conducting client site surveys & producing requirements and dependency reports for efficient completion of installations and jobs is required
- Providing internal IT support within the company, as well as working closely with the sales team to provide technical expertise and recommendations based on customer requirements.
The successful candidate will have opportunities to learn and experience new technologies as well as take up professional training as required.
- Backup Exec and other backup suites as well as backup strategies for large amounts of data.
- Ability to learn and provide technical solutions to customers.
- Active Directory experience – in-depth knowledge, including group, file and folder level permissions.
- Office 365 maintenance and management.
- Networking Protocols and services, TCP/IP, iSCSI, DNS, DHCP, FTP and VPN.
- Knowledge of infrastructure, networking and storage technologies e.g. – Synology, QNAP, Dell, HP, Microsoft Windows (SBS) Server, Microsoft Desktop OS’s, Microsoft Office 365.
- WI-FI technologies and security knowledge.
- Complete network management and security solutions – endpoint AV and WSUS. Frontal security including firewall solutions and security strategies.
- MS Office suite support.
- Ability to highlight best practices internally and for customers.
- Linux and Mac OS knowledge.
- Cloud computing and Microsoft Online Services.
- VMware / Hyper-V virtualisation.
- Data cabling and network infrastructure construction.
- Willingness to learn and expand knowledge.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Good customer facing skills (internal & external).
- Ability to analyse data and provide outcome recommendations.
- Fluent English, both written and spoken.
- Timely, efficient, hardworking.
- Flexible, calm and approachable, ‘can do’ attitude
- Team player
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719