The Account Director plays a key role in the consultancy. They play an active role in determining the strategic direction of the consultancy, and are focused on executing the strategy to achieve them.
An Account Director oversees an account group and is responsible for the efficient and profitable running of all client business and staff within their group.
They should be a fully rounded PR operator, with a thorough understanding of all elements of financial and corporate communications, marketing and the media, and capable of driving and growing existing business within the context and plans of the agency. The role is to develop strategies and activities for clients and oversee their execution, quality controlling all aspects of the clients’ programmes and relationships with the agency.
An Account Director should also take an active role in developing and winning new business, from the initial approach and research stage, through to development of strategic plans and creative proposals, and leading pitch teams as and when required.
They are also involved in the running and development of the agency, reporting to the Board Directors to implement time and staff management, financial/profitability and business plans as required.
· Demonstrate and contribute strategic understanding of all aspects of an integrated communications strategy to meet a client’s business requirements
· Be an expert on the clients’ business and have an excellent knowledge of their broader competitive market, wider industry and the impact these have on their communications strategy.
· Establish and drive a targeted, multi-channel communications strategy for the client. Be able to offer expert and relevant B2B communications advisory, write briefs, instigate debate and successfully push for the execution of relevant campaign ideas, targeted at appropriate stakeholders.
· Maintain strategic overview of accounts, and proactively advise clients on new issues/external environment and contribute to strategic planning meetings with client.
· Understand the integration agenda and push for multi-platform campaigns. Demonstrate the ability to monetize integration opportunities to the agency’s advantage.
· Keep abreast of external issues and events and regularly review impact on programme and client objectives.
· Ability to produce all senior written work from annual performance reviews, strategic and creative plans through to client work as required, across B2B accounts.
· Providing senior counsel to clients as required and leading the team in meetings and presentations.
· Instigate brainstorms to develop the strategic, creative direction of accounts
· Undertake senior client liaison for group’s clients on a day-to-day basis.
· Running account-handling teams in a structured manner, ensuring that the team is fulfilling the plans on time, and achieving the results as agreed with client.
· Ensure ownership and responsibility for projects for all members of the team
· Achieve excellent client satisfaction levels. Organise annual internal review of account and work with Managing Director to implement outcomes
· Responsible for establishing, developing and finalising strategic campaign activity and budget with client.
· Responsibility for account / project profitability, maintaining agreed fee income and managing expenditure on a day-to-day basis to ensure that these limits are maintained generating the maximum profit for the company whilst still achieving client satisfaction.
· Ensure efficient and profitable operation of client account group by making effective use of time management information to manage people and business both efficiently and profitably.
· Responsibility for negotiating and establishing financial arrangements with client
· Responsibilities for ensuring team adhere to administrative requirements (reporting, timekeeping, expenses, invoices).
· In-depth understanding of financial status of account at all times.
· Ensure resourcing within the account is appropriate at all times.
New Business and Marketing
· Create and develop opportunities for generating new business and growing existing business.
· Responsibility for helping to develop and present new business pitches.
· Demonstrate innovation and creativity beyond client ideas to help grow existing business.
· Work with the Managing Director to actively identify and approach new business prospects, helping to achieve new business targets and goals.
· Ability to strategically respond to briefs, devising creative plans and responses as required with minimal input from Managing Director where required.
· Play a lead role in credential meetings and pitches, and coach team members to pitch successfully as required.
· Play an active role in marketing the agency more broadly to its stakeholders, participating in industry events.
· Identify award opportunities for your account group and actively take ownership of pursing these.
· Proactively look to source new talent and partnerships for the agency where appropriate.
Internal People Management
· Work in a collaborative way with team members, which promote partnership and teamwork.
· Act as a role model.
· Create a dynamic environment that fosters personal and career development through motivating, counselling and coaching, empathy, approachability, appraisal and regular reviews.
· Actively develop team member’s skills and identify training as required.
· Be skillful at managing up, down and across the agency.
· Ensure team members understand their role within the agency and on client accounts.
· Participate in sourcing and interviewing high caliber new personnel.
· Take an active role in coaching and managing staff within your account group within the framework of the company practices and disciplines, providing motivation and leadership.
· Provide constructive feedback on all team members and assist in reviewing junior and mid-management staff, helping develop career paths in conjunction with Board Directors.
· Support Company culture wholeheartedly, sharing the company’s vision and values with staff and encouraging a positive working environment.
· Offer unanimous support for board decisions and play a key role in representing the company culture, taking a responsible attitude in motivating staff across the company and supporting the company’s plans.
Resource and Development
· Play and active role in developing the agencies broader resources and practices to ensure seamless operation to support business growth.
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719