|Salary:||£23,000 - £26,000|
2i Recruit are pleased to be recruiting a niche role within the property sector. The prime role of the Conveyancing is to provide direct support to enable relevant parties to operate at optimum efficiency. The role requires a high degree of self-management and initiative.
Role and Main Responsibilities
- Deal with all post exchange work and correspondence including:-
o (but not limited to) preparation of Certificate of Titles for signature by fee earners, Transfer Deeds, carry out all pre-completion searches, deal with replies to requisitions, prepare CHAPS and BACS forms (undertaking relevant money laundering checks, where appropriate)
o Completion formalities and prepare completion statements for both clients and buyer’s solicitors.
o All post-completion formalities including Registration, Land Registry Forms and AP1s
o Undertaking on-line form filling requirements including SDLT forms
o Obtaining information from local authorities and other organisations
o Generation of suitable client care correspondence
Comply with and administration of Firm’s file closing procedures
- Comply with and administration of Firm’s file closing procedures
- Updating Online Lender Portal Management systems
- Administer filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the office manual.
- Attend to clients and agents both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care: including updating clients and agents; chasing clients , other side, Lenders and organisations for information.
- To assist the Residential Property department generally as and when required
- Give guidance/assistance to junior members of staff
- Assisting Residential Property with marketing.
- Undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- Ensure the confidentiality of all the Firm’s and clients’ documentation and information
- Operate the Firm’s Case Management System
- Maintain or improve on the current standards of document presentation
- Consider improvements to the efficiency of the department.
- Undertake other duties as from time to time required
Experience & Attributes Required
Essential skills, knowledge and abilities (Competencies)
- Legal background with specific experience in Commercial Property/Residential Property
- Advanced IT skills in relevant packages
- High accuracy levels
- Communicates professionally with clients, agents and others involved in the conveyancing process, both on the ‘phone and personally
- Provides good customer care
- Demonstrates a pro-active approach to work and clients
- Progresses client matters without supervision
- Takes on other tasks
- Demonstrates ability and willingness to:
o work to deadlines
o to cope under pressure
o use initiative
o prioritise work-loads effectively
o work as part of a team
- Demonstrates clear commitment to company and a genuine interest in legal work
- Has a good attendance record year on year
- Demonstrates a positive attitude.
Desirable skills, knowledge and abilities (Competencies)
- Prior knowledge of Evolution or other case management systems
- Knowledge of law / legal practice
If you have not been contacted within 5 working days, then unfortunately on this occasion your CV has not been shortlisted.
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719