|Salary:||£24,000 - £29,000|
Do you have legal experience? Do you enjoy working as part of a team?
Our client is looking to hire a professional Legal Secretary to join the firm. Duties will consist of: –
- To provide secretarial and administrative support as necessary. Through internal and external client service, team work, initiative, communication and self-management act as an ambassador for the Department and firm at all times.
- Technical ability and knowledge management
- To prepare correspondence, documents and enclosures for despatch using digital dictation and the practice management system as applicable, at all times adhering to the laid down policies and procedures.
- To administer files to include opening, closing, storage and retrieval in accordance with the laid down file management procedures.
- To make appointments, arrange meetings, book rooms for clients and staff as requested, organising refreshments as necessary.
- To undertake overflow secretarial work for other secretaries in the Department or elsewhere and support and assist the Department trainee when relevant.
- To undertake any specific training to improve or enhance skill base as requested.
- To provide a high quality, professional service to clients and staff in person or on the phone by responding in a prompt, diplomatic and appropriate manner to their needs and/or requests.
- To keep all current files 100% accurately up to date.
- To accurately maintain and update data in the practice management system relating to client and contact information and marketing activity and preferences.
- To proactively assist as requested with Departmental marketing and networking events.
- To communicate at all times in a clear, polite and calm manner to clients, work colleagues and others and respect their views and the contribution they make.
- To support the effectiveness of the team by being positive and co-operative with all team members particularly the support staff.
- To demonstrate commitment to the role and Department through excellent punctuality, timekeeping and attendance.
- To demonstrate ability to time, manage and prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- To take initiative for self-development and accept changes and new challenges required to meet individual and Departmental objectives.
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s information and clients’ documentation.
- To adhere to the standards, procedures and policies laid down in the HR Policies and Procedures.
Our client offers 25 days holiday a year, a generous pension and life cover.
If you have not been contacted within 5 working days, then unfortunately on this occasion your CV has not been shortlisted.
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719