|Salary:||£24,000 - £25,000|
The prime role of the Legal Secretary is to provide direct support to his/her fee earner(s) to enable them to operate at optimum efficiency. This will include but will not be limited to the main responsibilities given below. The Legal Secretary is expected to use a satisfactory degree of self-management and initiative.
Key tasks, duties and quality standards:
- Prepare correspondence and documents to include transcribing digital dictation.
- Administer filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the office manual.
- Prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch.
- Arrange for all copying to be done, in person if an office assistant is not available to undertake the task.
- Make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain an up to date diary for his/her manager/team.
- If appropriate, prepare the conference room for meetings as necessary and for the tidying and clearance of the room at the end of the meeting and to provide refreshments if asked to do so.
- Provide support to other secretaries as required.
- Provide guidance to junior and temporary secretaries when required to do so.
- Progress matters under the supervision of a fee earner
- Attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care.
- Undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- Ensure the confidentiality of all the Firms and clients documentation and information
- Undertake on-line form filling requirements
- Operate the Firms Case Management System
- Undertake other duties as from time to time required
- Previous Legal Secretarial experience (usually within the specialist area of law)
- Basis/Intermediate IT skills in relevant packages and good (speed) typing skills
- Keeps up with fee earners work production (and, if being promoted but working for the same fee earner(s), has an understanding how their fee earner(s) like to work).
- Good accuracy levels
- Demonstrates a pro-active approach to work with a positive attitude.
- Demonstrates a good level of attention to client service, being able to interact competently with both internal and external clients.
- Demonstrates ability and willingness
- Work to occasional deadlines
- To cope under occasional pressure
- Prioritise work-loads effectively o work as part of a team
- Demonstrates clear commitment to the Firm and a genuine interest in legal work
- Demonstrates a high level of courtesy and respect in dealing with all colleagues including Central Management, IT, HR and Marketing and clients/contacts
- Demonstrates a preparedness to take on other tasks as required by fee earner(s)
- Prior knowledge of Evolution or other case management systems
- Knowledge of law / legal practice
If you have not been contacted within 5 working days, then unfortunately on this occasion your CV has not been shortlisted.
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719