|Salary:||£25,000 - £28,000|
|Sector:||PR & Marketing|
Our client is in an exciting sector within B2C and has an exciting new position within Marketing where the successful role will be working closely with the CRM Manager and internal marketing teams to independently manage and successfully build email communications across a variety of brands.
On a day-to-day basis the Marketing Executive will be responsible for improving email templates and content to drive continued engagement, retention and increased revenue, through testing, scheduling and analysing email performance.
At heart you are a copywriter, but you will have an eye for visual communication to ensure that the content produced is truly engaging in every sense. You will be technically savvy, with a strong eye for detail and an awareness of email best practice. You will be comfortable in using data to measure and report on success.
Main Responsibilities and Key Tasks
- Own and manage the email channel, working closely with the CRM Manager in planning and managing high-volume, segmented email marketing campaigns, working closely with respective internal stakeholders to ensure the email channel drives optimum revenue and engagement whilst reflecting each brands values.
- Use dynamic content & segmentation strategies to deliver relevant and personalised content in order to drive customer engagement and increase customer lifetime value.
- Ensure that email content is consistent with the wider business focus, considering the customer journey at every touch point.
- To produce inspiring, creative and commercially driven email communications.
- Responsible for all the technical development and build of all email communications – to include excellent HTML technical knowledge inclusive of coding for dynamic content, editing, testing and deployment.
- Testing the usability/accessibility of email in various clients and platforms as part of a full QA process. Testing for spam scoring and rendering across all major email clients and browsers and troubleshoot to fix bugs before send.
- You will be responsible for the Email Test & Learn Strategy and proactively suggest ways in which we can optimise email performance across both triggered and tactical emails.
- Responsible for monitoring competitor email and other sector activity on an ongoing basis and identify areas of good practice that can be built upon.
- Advise on email best practice to enable evolution of all email assets and templates.
- Collate in-depth reporting of email performance to report on key insights and trends to input into overall recommendations for an improved email marketing strategy.
- Ensure all emails are GDPR compliant.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience working in a similar role within B2C business.
- Proven experience in building, testing and sending via IBM Watson Campaign Automation / Silverpop (or similar email platform / automation tool), with knowledge of email marketing techniques and best practice.
- Some working knowledge of HTML.
- Not afraid to bring new ideas and improvements to the table
- Demonstrated ease, facility, and interest in working with data, including standard email engagement metrics and analytics tools (Google Analytics is preferable).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong copywriting skills.
- Highly organised and capable of juggling many tasks at once.
- Highly motivated, proactive and enthusiastic.
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy.
If you have not been contacted within 5 working days, then unfortunately on this occasion your CV has not been shortlisted.
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719