|Salary:||£45,000 - £50,000|
The Network Analyst directly supports a global environment and is responsible for frontline surveillance of customer WAN connections.
Candidate must be flexible to work shift hours and be available for one weekend day (Sat or Sun). This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits. A successful candidate will be a quick thinker, able to multitask several issues at once and fast learner.
The Network Operations Center Analyst (Tier 1) performs routine tasks to maintain network and server equipment while relying on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform job functions.
- Utilize monitoring tools to proactively identify problems with systems, applications, and networks
- Contact internal and external customers proactively regarding service affecting outages
- Work with service providers and vendors to drive issues to resolution
- Provide excellent customer service while corresponding with customers via telephone and email
- Follow detailed instructions to perform basic network break/fix functions
- Document all pertinent information within the trouble ticket system
- Basic network related projects including documentation of assets and physical labelling of server/network devices
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field.
- Basic Knowledge of LAN/WAN technologies and topologies.
- Fundamental understanding of TCP/IP and UDP.
- Troubleshooting with various telecom circuits (T1, E1, DS3, OC3, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Communicates clearly and in an understandable manor with a wide range of people such as peers, managers, customers, vendors, distributors and the general public. Projects good customer relations skills in both face to face and telephone contact.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively advise and counsel both managers and non-supervisory employees on sensitive work related issues.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to organize and prioritize several projects and tasks at one time.
If you have not been contacted within 5 working days, then unfortunately on this occasion your CV has not been shortlisted.
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719