Our client based in Guildford are seeking an Operations Assistant to join their team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Confirming bookings on low cost carriers and reconciling costs for accounts.
- Using Smartpoint for scheduled flying and issuing groups/flight tickets.
- Assistance with the preparation of flight tickets and travel documentation.
- Issuing of Rail tickets / updating Rail Itineraries.
- Dealing with queries/Emails from Reservations, Guest Services and direct guests.
- Helping to plan & assisting with the administration and loading of the various flight programmes.
- Ensuring that flight times and capacities are correctly loaded in Mythos.
- Liaising with Pre Departure teams to ensure that guests are promptly and correctly advised of flight alterations.
- Passing of passenger loads and manifesting of names to airlines.
- Assisting the Duty Office at weekends on a rota basis
- Pre-seating aircrafts and pre-booked seats
- Updating customer documentation and web information
- Working with all team members to help improve and implement new practices and procedures
- Dealing with Airlines directly to amend/modify bookings
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge & experience of Mythos or a similar tour operating computerised reservations system
- Experience of Galileo or another airline GDS system and ticketing would be useful.
- Experience of our overseas operations procedures would be helpful
- Strong organisational and administrative skills with good attention to detail.
- Excel/Word knowledge essential
- Good communication skills and an excellent approach to customer service
- Ability to work in a team or on your own, and to tight and potentially changing deadlines.
- Must be adaptable and proactive and stay calm – sometimes under great pressure.
- Flexible ‘can do’ attitude, and sense of urgency, ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to work unsupervised and to tight deadlines
QUALIFICATIONS & BACKGROUND
- Excellent written English
- Ideally a travel enthusiast.
- Proficient working knowledge of European languages an advantage
If you have not been contacted within 5 working days, then unfortunately on this occasion your CV has not been shortlisted.
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719