|Salary:||£18,000 - £25,000|
Our client in Guildford is looking for a Paralegal / Legal Assistant to work in their Guildford office in the lending department.
The prime role of the Paralegal is to provide direct support to his/her fee earner(s) to enable them to operate at optimum efficiency. This will include but will not be limited to the main responsibilities given below. The jobholder is expected to use a degree of self-management and initiative.
- Assists the Lending department generally as and when required.
- Prepares correspondence and documents (which may include transcribing digital dictation).
- Administers filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the office manual.
- Prepares mail and enclosures for dispatch by post/email or fax.
- Arranges for all copying to be done, in person if the office assistant is not available to undertake the task.
- If appropriate, makes appointments, arranges meetings and maintains an up to date diary
- If appropriate, prepares the conference rooms for meetings as necessary, tidying and clearing the room at the end of the meeting and providing refreshments when asked to do so.
- Prepares completion statements and assist with post exchange and pre-completion formalities.
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the Firm’s and clients’ documentation and information.
- To operate the Firm’s Case Management System
- To maintain or improve on the current standards of document presentation
- To consider improvements to the general administrative efficiency of the department.
- Is involved in department and operational improvements, including know-how, tech and innovation
Essential Skills and Attributes
- Legal background with some experience in Lending/Property
- Good IT skills in relevant packages
- Very good accuracy levels
- Provides good customer care, responsiveness and attention to client service
- Provides good levels of initiative and willingness to take on responsibility
- Demonstrates a pro-active approach to work and clients
- Prior knowledge of Evolution or other case management systems
- Knowledge of law / legal practice
If you have not been contacted within 5 working days, then unfortunately on this occasion your CV has not been shortlisted.
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719