|Salary:||£22,000 - £28,000|
Our client is an established independent financial services firm who provide individual self-investment services, now seeking a new member of their team in Pensions Administration.
This is a company that has grown through its excellent reputation with clients. With many long standing staff it continues to grow and progress
- Scheme Establishment
- Preparing all necessary documentation for the Consultant to present to the clients.
- Collating information on prior schemes and preparing first draft analysis of clients other pension arrangements.
- Setting up scheme current/deposit accounts (if required).Obtaining transfer value quotes and organising transfers agreed by the consultant from prior schemes.
- Drafting submission for approval of the scheme to the Inland Revenue for SSASs.
- Following up to ensure that IR approval is obtained for SSASs
- Carrying out all other administrative tasks on the establishment checklist.
- Drafting standard deeds and liaising with solicitors thereon as necessary.
- Attending to scheme registration.
- Issuing certificates in relation to the receipt of contribution.
- Ensuring tax relief is reclaimed from Inland Revenue.
- Providing information to accountants in relation to transfer in specie cases.
- Preparation of standard client letters/Consultant reminders to initiate regular scheme reviews (annually, unless a different frequency has been agreed with the client).
- Assisting Consultants in reminding the client about the payment of contributions before each year-end and advising on any variations in contribution levels. Chasing clients where necessary.
- Carrying out all administrative tasks on the year-end checklist. Includes reviewing and maintaining life cover arrangements.
- Assisting Consultants in preparing advice on special situations as and when required, such as rearranging SSAS resulting from sale of clients company, winding up SSAS/SIPPs
- Collating information on prior schemes as required by consultants.
- Maintaining Database Records
- Ensuring all required data is obtained, then promptly and accurately entered/maintained on the Companys database system.
- Printing and reviewing regular routine data reports to identify, and deal with, missing/anomalous data.
- Assisting Consultants by researching and/or obtaining quotations for investments.
- Preparing and processing paperwork for deposits, stock market investment, property and other investments.
- Preparing loan documentation.
- Calculating loan interest when due, billing it where necessary, and monitoring receipt.
- Liaising with Consultants to monitor closely all investment/loan/property transactions parties to ensure no breach of limits/legal requirements.
- Liaising with Consultants to monitor closely all transactions with members and/or connected parties to ensure no breach of legal requirements.
- Inland Revenue Correspondence and Reportable Transactions
- Organising the reporting of all PSO Reportable transactions within the statutory deadlines.
- Tax Matters
- Processing Self-Assessment tax returns
- Preparing and submitting Tax reclaims, and ensuring the reclaim is received.
- Making applications for registering schemes for VAT when requested.
- Preparing and submitting scheme VAT Returns.
- Ensuring VAT payments/refunds made on time.
- Retirement Shortly before retirement, collating information to enable Consultants to establish the clients requirements. Includes drafting retirement letters, benefits statements, organising buy-out quotes, and all other administrative tasks on the retirement checklist. At retirement, organising the payment of lump sum and/or pension benefits.
- Post retirement, collating information for annual pension review.
- Scheme Accounts, Trustees Reports and Actuarial Reports
- Liaising with accountants to obtain and check pension scheme accounts.
- Preparing trustees reports within agreed office timescales.
Pensioneer Trustee Responsibilities
- Assisting Consultants to ensure that the client/members adhere to the rules of the scheme, and any applicable aspects of Pensions legislation/Inland Revenue practice.
- Preparing documents for Consultants to sign on behalf of the relevant Professional Trustee Company, in the capacity of scheme trustee.
- FURBS – Organising documentation to establish FURBS.
- Organising payment of benefits in conjunction with consultant.
- Organising winding up of FURBs in conjunction with consultant.
- Advice to Brokers
- To undertake such administrative work as delegated by the consultant.
If you have not been contacted within 5 working days, then unfortunately on this occasion your CV has not been shortlisted.
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719