|Salary:||£23,000 - £25,000|
|Sector:||PR & Marketing|
Our niche PR client based in Guildford is looking for an Account Executive to join their busy, fast-paced friendly team and environment.
- Writing coherent and factually accurate press releases, articles, blog posts, emails, tweets and other materials that require minimal amendments by senior colleagues and clients.
- Proofreading all written materials carefully before submitting them to senior colleagues.
- Possessing a growing understanding of how the media works in areas relevant to the company and its clients.
- Building relationships with journalists, with the support of senior colleagues.
- Fully managing the process of press release distribution, to include list-building.
- Helping research and identify forward feature and other media opportunities for clients.
- Pitching stories to journalists.
- Handling incoming media enquiries.
- Demonstrating confidence and professionalism in journalist discussions.
- Assisting in the organisation of media events, such as interviews, photo calls and press conferences.
- Marketing Content
- Devising, creating and implementing marketing content, as directed.
- Developing an understanding of content marketing strategies and programmes.
- Participating actively in meetings with colleagues, clients, journalists and other parties.
- Sharing responsibility for discussing/presenting information in client meetings and presentations.
- Sharing responsibility for discussing/presenting information in new business presentations.
- Helping prepare materials and information for meeting
Liaising with clients in a confident and professional manner, establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Undertaking desk research for client programmes and new business pitches.
- Possessing the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritise work appropriately.
- Contributing to social media activities of the company and its clients.
- Handling administration for client accounts, including press cuttings management, report preparation and feature schedule updating.
- Contributing to new business brainstorms.
- Developing useful and relevant business contacts.
- Briefing suppliers, such as designers and photographers.
- Working collaboratively and positively as a member of the team required qualities
The role requires a self-confident individual, at ease with liaising with client contacts and busy journalists.
- You need to be highly organised with the ability to keep on top of multiple activities simultaneously.
- You must be highly adaptable to change and short notice client requests, with the ability to remain calm and
- think clearly under time pressure.
- You must be enthusiastic about your work and its potential to benefit client’s businesses.
- You must possess extremely strong writing skills in all the types of work detailed above.
- You must enjoy the cut and thrust of media relations and be ambitious to achieve outstanding results.
- You must be team-oriented and enjoy delivering great results through collaboration with colleagues and
- You must possess excellent research skills and enjoy mastering sometimes complex topics.
- In normal times, you must be able and eager to travel internationally on business.
- You must want to be the best at what you do.
- Competitive salary
- Auto-enrolment pension
- Performance-related company bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday plus public holidays
- An extra day off on your birthday
- Private medical insurance
- Monthly social activities
- Summer and Christmas parties
- Visiting office masseur*
- International business travel opportunities*
- Healthy (and unhealthy) office snacks
- Decent coffee and herbal teas
- Friday afternoon open bar
Due to arrangements under COVID-19, you will work partly from home and partly from our socially distanced office in central Guildford, Surrey, until social distancing restrictions are lifted. Thereafter and until further notice, you will be able to continue working from home up to two days per week should you wish.
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719