|Sector:||PR & Marketing|
2i Recruit are thrilled to be working an award winning-winning PR agency who are focused on Business to business and Consumer Communications, have an exciting full or part-time, fixed-term maternity leave contract opportunity, initially for 10 months, with the possibility of extension. You will need several years’ experience of managing PR programmes, in an agency environment. Responsible for driving client accounts on a day-to-day basis, you’ll execute the strategies and activities detailed by the account director, ensuring that programmes and objectives are adhered to and that client accounts are well organised.
Our client would consider full or part-time for this fixed-term maternity cover contract with a minimum of 30 hours per week. The hours will be split across five working days.
Presently the role is to work remotely and partly is socially distanced office in Guildford.
You should be a capable and confident operator with the required media and communication skills. You’ll need to be a capable and precise writer, possess excellent research skills and enjoy mastering sometimes complex topics. You must enjoy the cut and thrust of media relations and be ambitious to achieve outstanding results.
You will report to client directors/account directors and will delegate to and manage the work of account executives/senior account executives.
- Playing the central role in the client team and taking full responsibility for the daily and weekly implementation of client programmes, managing client relationships and resolving any problems.
- Delegating work as appropriate to junior staff members, motivating them and helping them to manage their workloads to ensure timely delivery.
- Measuring results achieved for clients versus targets and KPIs, driving the preparation of results analyses, media coverage reports and activity reports.
- Having the ability to lead new business brainstorms and making a creative input into new business pitches.
- Working with the account director to develop client PR strategies and plans
- Possessing and developing useful and relevant business contacts.
- Having a mature ability to brief designers, photographers, printers, etc. in a knowledgeable and precise manner, negotiating costs and managing quality control and deadlines.
- Having a full understanding of financial controls on all accounts, including budgeting policies and procedures.
- Having the ability to commission and analyse research, including surveys and focus groups.
- Driving the media relations programme for clients as laid out in the programme of activity agreed with the account director. Proactively seeking and identifying opportunities to ensure the maximum level of coverage is achieved for clients.
- Possessing a complete understanding of how the media works in the areas in which clients operate – the opportunities available, means of building relationships with journalists (including in-person networking), etc.
- Understanding and advising on media handling, including interview briefings, developing Q&As, exclusives, embargoes and damage limitations.
- Alerting clients to reputational risks or opportunities presented by broader areas of corporate responsibility, e.g.,
- sustainability and employment practices.
- Planning and managing the organisation of events, such as workshops, photo calls and press conferences.
- Negotiating and overseeing promotional activity, such as sponsorships, competitions, sampling offers, etc.
- Social media and digital marketing
- With the account director, advising clients on social media and Paid digital communications strategies.
- Planning social media content schedules and coordinating activity across the client team.
- Liaising with 8020’s digital marketing partner agencies to help design Paid promotional activities and integrate them into client programmes.
- Contributing to and sharing responsibility for managing 8020’s own social media activity.
- Writing coherent, concise and factually accurate press releases, articles, briefing documents, press kits, emails, tweets and other materials that require only exceptional amendments by senior colleagues and clients.
- Amending and improving press releases, copy for newsletters, etc. drafted by account executives.
- Final proofreading of all written materials, including reports, prepared by junior colleagues.
- Drafting new business proposals, reports, speeches and presentations under direction by the account director.
- Leading meetings, ensuring that meeting preparation is well organised
If you have not been contacted within 5 working days, then unfortunately on this occasion your CV has not been shortlisted.
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719