|Salary:||£25,000 - £27,000|
The prime role of the Property Paralegal is to provide direct support to his/her fee earner(s) to enable them to operate at optimum efficiency. This will include but will not be limited to the main responsibilities given below. The jobholder is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative.
- Deal with all post exchange work and correspondence
- Preparation of Certificate of Titles for signature by fee earners, Transfer Deeds, carry out all pre-completion searches, deal with replies to requisitions, prepare CHAPS and BACS forms (undertaking relevant money laundering checks, where appropriate)
- Completion formalities and prepare completion statements for both clients and buyers solicitors.
- All post-completion formalities including Registration, Land Registry Forms and AP1s
- Undertaking on-line form filling requirements including SDLT forms
- Obtaining information from local authorities and other organisations
- Generation of suitable client care correspondence
- Comply with and administration of Firms file closing procedures
- Updating Online Lender Portal Management systems
- Administer filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the office manual.
- Attend to clients and agents both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care: including updating clients and agents; chasing clients, other side, Lenders and organisations for information.
- To assist the Residential Property department generally as and when required
- Give guidance/assistance to junior members of staff
- Assisting Residential Property with marketing
- Undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development
- Ensure the confidentiality of all the Firms and clients documentation and information
- Operate the Firms Case Management System
- Maintain or improve on the current standards of document presentation
- Consider improvements to the efficiency of the department.
- Undertake other duties as from time to time required
- Legal background with specific experience in Commercial Property/Residential Property
- Advanced IT skills in relevant packages
- High accuracy levels
- Communicates professionally with clients, agents and others involved in the conveyancing process, both on the phone and personally
- Provides good customer care
- Demonstrates a pro-active approach to work and clients
- Progresses client matters without supervision
- Takes on other tasks
- Work to deadlines o to cope under pressure
- Use initiative
- Prioritise work-loads effectively
- Work as part of a team
- Demonstrates clear commitment to the Firm and a genuine interest in legal work
- Has a good attendance record year on year
- Demonstrates a positive attitude
- Prior knowledge of Evolution or other case management systems
- Knowledge of law / legal practice
If you have not been contacted within 5 working days, then unfortunately on this occasion your CV has not been shortlisted.
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719