|Salary:||£35000 - £45000 + Uncapped commission on target OTE 75k|
|Sector:||Sales & Customer Services|
Our client is a SaaS organisation that are proud global leaders in their sector and believe delivering exceptional customer service should be at the heart of the business. Due to continued success an exciting opportunity has arisen for a tenacious Sales Account Manager to join their team. The company offer a professional, supportive environment which promotes continued success and work / life balance.
This role would suit an experienced Sales professional who understands the full sales cycle and likes to have ownership of the process.
Plan and carry out all sales activities on assigned accounts or areas. Creatively generate new business using sales and business development strategies. Responsible for delivering outstanding account management to existing client base and ensuring high customer satisfaction.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Generate and qualify leads for new business
- Prepare sales action plans and strategies
- Develop and maintain an existing set of accounts
- Develop and maintain sales and promotional materials
- Plan and conduct direct marketing activities
- Make sales calls to new and existing clients
- Complete tenders for new business
- Develop and deliver presentations to current and potential clients
- Negotiate with clients
- Develop and deliver sales proposals documents
- Prepare and present sales contracts
- Conduct product training
- Maintain sales activity records and prepare sales reports
- Respond to sales inquiries and concerns by phone, electronically or in person
- Ensure customer service satisfaction and good client relationships
- Diligently follow up on all sales activity
- Carry out market research and surveys
- Identify and participate in sales events, show and exhibitions
- Monitor competitors, market conditions and trends
- Plan and prioritise personal sales activities – especially managing personal time and productivity
- Attend training and develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- Planning and execution
- Persuasiveness and negotiation
- Honesty and empathy
- Adaptability and resiliency
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Delivery of high-quality presentations (in-person and online)
- Clear articulation of complex IT solutions
- Performs well under pressure & goal oriented
Education and Experience
- Proven track record to achieve sales targets
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices of sales
- Knowledge of basic business principles
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in sales
- Strong and proven experience in client presentations
- Knowledge of enterprise CRM systems (Salesforce, Dynamics etc.)
- Knowledge of or experience in the following industry sectors:
- Telco / Retail
- Local & central government
- Knowledge of IT systems and networking:
- Hosting environments and platforms (Azure, AWS etc.)
- Microsoft Enterprise solutions like .NET and MS SQL
- HTML, Java scripting, other
Personal Attributes Required
- Personality: Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance. Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with senior big company executives. Reliable, tolerant, and determined. Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person’s point of view. Well-presented and business-like. Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel up to a few days a month within the UK and abroad. Keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability. Able to get on with others and be a team-player.
- Specific Job Skills: Able to communicate and motivate via written media. Understands the principles of marketing and advertising cost-effectiveness, including market sector targeting, product offer development, features-benefits-solutions selling, cost per response, cost per conversion, etc. Appreciates need for consistency within company’s branding and marketing mix, especially PR and print media. Experience of managing marketing agency activities.
- Computer skills: Must be confident in use of MS Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint, and ideally Word or similar database to basic level, Internet and email. Base knowledge of using CRM Systems.
- Literacy and Numeracy: Able to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance, e.g., gross margin percentages and calculations, depreciation, capital and revenue expenditure, cash-flow, overheads, etc. Must be a very competent writer of business letters, quotations and proposals.
- Business and Selling Skills: Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator. Able to demonstrate success and experience managing major accounts customers and large contracts or even a business, particularly achieving genuine sales development. Established experience of RFP / RFI and tender response assembly would also be crucial.
- Management Ability: Though internal staff management is not initially part of the job, responsibility and opportunity could grow with the development of the business, for example the prospect of recruiting and managing support telesales staff. Some people-management skills, experience and natural ability will be useful.
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719