|Salary:||£28,000 - £34,000|
Our client has a vacancy for an enthusiastic external sales engineer. They are looking for a self-sufficient ambitious and confident individual who wants to be part of developing the business.
- To visit potential customers and assist in the preparation sales layout drawings.
- Be able to estimate the price of conveyors and systems and prepare quotations.
- To quickly gain a good technical understanding of our products and the applications.
- To be capable of handling a number of jobs simultaneously and working to tight deadlines.
- To support new and existing customers at a technical level.
- Work to quarterly sales targets.
- Preparation of initial layouts.
- Preparation of customer quotations.
- Coordinating sales price lists.
- Give technical support and assistance to our customers and team members.
- Quickly gaining a good technical understanding of our products and applications.
- Working extra hours when required, so that we can meet targets.
- Visits to our customers to produce or check layout drawings.
Must have the following skills and experience:
- The successful applicant would need to have a technical engineering background.
- Some experience working in engineering.
- Must be fully computer literate and conversant with Microsoft Word and Excel, and have a good understanding of a CAD package (training on our package will be provided).
- Must have a good telephone manner, and be familiar with standard office procedures.
- Must have a clean driving license.
- Good ‘people skills’ are required and should be able to fit into our existing team.
- Good commercial awareness.
A monthly car allowance will be given with additional chargeable mileage payment for company related travel.
A company Mobile phone will be supplied to use for company related calls.
A company laptop will be supplied to use for company related business.
An entitlement of 22 days annual leave after one year’s service. For the first year on a pro-rata basis.
There will be a salary review after 6 months with annual reviews every 12 months.
Inclusion in our general company bonus. Future opportunity to participate in a targeted bonus scheme.
Membership of the company auto enrolment scheme.
If you have not been contacted within 5 working days, then unfortunately on this occasion your CV has not been shortlisted.
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719