|Salary:||£25,000 - £29,000|
|Sector:||PR & Marketing|
Do you currently work in PR? Would you like to work for an award winning agency?
We have a fantastic opportunity for a talented senior account executive to join our client’s friendly and hardworking team based in Guildford. With ample external training and on-the-job learning opportunities, this is a brilliant next step in your public relations and digital marketing career. Reporting to an account manager, you’ll be able to hit the ground running in media relations, press release and article writing, and social media. Please see below for the fantastic benefit package our client offers.
You will have the opportunity to work in the office and also to work remotely. You will be joining a busy team and duties will include:-
Writing press releases, articles, social media content and other materials requiring only minimal amendments by senior colleagues and clients.
- Proofreading all written materials carefully before submitting them to senior colleagues.
- Possessing an understanding of how the media works in areas relevant to the company and our clients.
- Building relationships with journalists, with the support of senior colleagues.
- Fully managing the process of press release distribution, to include list-building.
- Helping research and identify forward feature and other media opportunities for clients.
- Pitching stories to journalists.
- Handling incoming media enquiries.
- Demonstrating confidence and professionalism in journalist discussions.
- Assisting in the organisation of media events, such as interviews, photo calls and press conferences.
- Participate in Meetings actively in meetings with colleagues, clients, journalists and other parties.
- Sharing responsibility for discussing/presenting information in client meetings and presentations.
- Sharing responsibility for discussing/presenting information in new business presentations.
- Helping prepare materials and information for meetings.
- Liaising with clients in a confident and professional manner, establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Undertaking desk research for client programmes and new business pitches.
- Possessing the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritise work appropriately.
- Contributing to social media activities of the company and its clients.
- Writing press releases, articles, social media content and other materials
- Proof reading materials
- Possessing an understanding of how the media works in areas relevant to the company and the clients
- Pitching stories to journalists
- Handling incoming media enquiries
- Assisting in the organisation of media events, photo calls and conferences
Developing an understanding of content marketing strategies and programmes
- Participating actively in meetings with colleagues, clients and journalists
- Helping prepare materials for meetings
- Liaising with clients in a confident manner
- Undertaking desk research for client programmes and new business pitches
- Contributing to social media activities of the company and clients
- Handling administration for client accounts, including press cuttings management, report preparation and feature schedule updating.
- Contributing to new business brainstorms.
- Briefing suppliers, such as designers and photographers
The role requires a self-confident individual, at ease with liaising with client contacts and busy journalists.
- You need to be highly organised with the ability to keep on top of multiple activities simultaneously.
- You must be highly adaptable to change and short notice client requests, with the ability to remain calm and think clearly under time pressure.
- You must enjoy a challenge and be ambitious to achieve outstanding results.
- You must possess strong writing skills in all the types of work detailed above.
- You must be team-oriented and enjoy delivering great results through collaboration.
- You must possess excellent research skills and enjoy mastering sometimes complex topics.
- In normal times, you must be able and eager to travel internationally on business.
- You must want to be the best at what you do.
Performance-related company bonus scheme
25 days’ holiday plus public holidays
An extra day off on your birthday
Private medical insurance
Company-funded external and internal training
Six-monthly career reviews
Monthly mentoring scheme
Monthly grant towards gym membership or other fitness activity
Monthly social activities
Summer and Christmas parties
International business travel opportunities*
Healthy (and unhealthy) office snacks
Decent coffee and herbal teas
Friday afternoon open bar*
Investment in technology to help you succeed
Positive encouragement at every turn
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719