|Salary:||£20,000 - £25,000|
The role of the Technical Support Engineer is to resolve incidents assigned to the onsite team via the Service Desk Tool. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone wanted a career in IT/Tech with varied progression opportunity in-house and with full support and training provided.
The individual takes responsibility for managing the volume of their queues with the Service Desk Tool and fulfils incidents and requests within the commitments on the Customer Support Agreement (SLAs, KPIs)
The key objective within this role is to ensure that accurate, effective and timely support is provided to users. All support requests are received into the Reading based Technical Support Centre (TSC) for logging and resolution, the Technical Support Engineer role fulfills the 1st and 2nd Line support function of desktop issues.
In this role you must be highly motivated and able to provide the highest quality of customer service at all times. The need to be able to provide accurate and timely information relating to on-going issues is of vital importance. The ability to write clear, factual notes into call logs is critical.
- To ensure that all calls to the Service desk are logged and responded to within pre-set service levels
- Identify relevant problem types and associated priorities
- Verify information back to the customer on the call details ensuring that all the relevant information is entered into the call logging system in a clear and concise format
- If necessary, progress calls to other departments or third parties for further investigation ensuring regular updates and working towards a prompt resolution
- To proactively monitor all calls keeping the customer, and when necessary the TSC Management, informed at all times through to resolution
- Undertake proactive calls to make customers aware of known issues before they have to call the Service desk
- To play an active role within the Service desk team remaining flexible to support others during busy periods
- Be responsible for any company property or information that may be within your care
- Actively strive to improve technical ability by self-study, organised in-house training and attendance of external courses
- Whenever possible look to promote solutions
Essential knowledge – Windows 7, Windows 10, Internet Explorer, Network Troubleshooting, Active Directory.
Windows Remote Support Tools.
- Windows Server 2003, 2008; Networking, Active Directory, Office 365, Azure, and Citrix.
- Strong Communication skills, must be literate, numerate and articulate
- Experience in a service desk support role (two years)
- Excellent telephone manner
- Aware of brand values and qualities
- Self-motivated, tenacious as well as a team player
- Ability to communicate with and work effectively with colleagues, internal departments as well as customers
- Able to work under pressure
- Flexible working attitude
- Able to contribute to individual, team and company targets and objectives
- Commercially minded with good common sense
- Conscientious with an attention to detail
If you have not been contacted within 5 working days, then unfortunately on this occasion your CV has not been shortlisted.
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719