Admin Support staff are responsible for assisting the Consultants and Administrators by providing the following secretarial and office services:
- Distributing incoming mail to the appropriate recipient.
- Using the Company’s standard word-processing, spreadsheet and e-mail software (currently Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook/Exchange).
- Ensuring all paperwork is filed promptly and that files are maintained in good order.
- Printing off standard database reports, both routinely, and upon request.
- Storing and retrieving papers for Follow-Up (‘Pinks’).
- Undertaking other tasks at the consultants request to ensure efficient operation of the office.
- Production of standard letters on the instructions of the consultant
- All procedures necessary for the production of Financial Statements including emails, letters and telephone calls, scanning, database and uploading.
- All Secretarial work needs to be done according to the relevant Company standards (covering methods, quality and timescales) and procedures, as laid down from time to time, and there are a number of Office Rules which apply. Many documents are prepared using standard templates. Secretarial staff are required to develop a good working knowledge of all such aspects of the job.
Each member of the Secretarial Assistant/Administration staff may be allocated various general duties and/or backup duties to cover other staff, which may change from time to time. A copy of the master summary showing the Jobholder’s current such duties is attached.
In addition, the Jobholder may be required to provide cover for other members of the Secretarial Assistant staff during periods of holiday or sickness absence, as determined by the Senior Secretary.
Financial Services Act Advice:
The Jobholder is not authorised to provide financial advice to Clients in any circumstances.
Knowledge and Skills
A good grasp of modern office practices, good keyboard entry skills, and the ability to use the company’s office software packages (with particular emphasis on word-processing software, for which expert skills are necessary), are required.
If you have not heard back within 5 working days then unfortunately on this occasion you have not been successful.
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719