|Salary:||£25,000 - £30,000|
Our client is looking for an IT support Engineer to work within an established and successful IT solutions company. This role offers a varied range of dependable, high quality technical support and IT solutions to external customer bases predominantly centred around Microsoft technologies.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual to join a busy service desk team where you will provide 2nd line support solutions.
Your key role responsibilities will be:
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with clients to promote high level of customer service
- Logging, prioritisation and escalation of IT support issues and requests
- Monitoring customer’s systems and acting on alerts
- Resolution of 1st and 2nd line support issues and requests via telephone, remote support with onsite visits
- Routine systems administration tasks: typical issues will be faults with PC operating systems, software and hardware, backups, printers, internet connectivity routers/firewalls and Windows Server administration
- Building and configuring PCs and servers for deployment based on current Microsoft technology
- Configuration of networking devices such as routers, firewall and WiFi devices
- Administration of Microsoft Office 365 and Azure tenants
- Onsite customer installation of new and replacement hardware and break-fix service work
Your previous technical experience must include:
- Strong build, configuration and supporting knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems
- Solid experience of Windows Server 2012/16/19 configuration and administration of Active Directory and Group Policy
- Experience of Microsoft 365 technologies and Azure
- Understanding and configuring TCP/IP Networking, LAN, WAN, RRAS, IPSec
- Strong troubleshooting PC/Server Hardware and Software issues
- Installing and configuring Routers, Firewall and Switches
- Minimum 1 years previous MSP Experience
Other advantageous skills but not essential:
- Supporting knowledge of VMWare and Hyper-V virtualised environments
- Knowledge of SQL and SharePoint
- Support of MAC OSX
What you bring to the role:
You will be currently working in an IT Support environment preferably within a Managed Service provider with at least 3 years’ technical experience and able to demonstrate exceptional 1st & 2nd line problem solving skills. You will have excellent communication skills, telephone manner, and have the talent to work well individually and part of a trusted team. You will need to be a punctual individual, with the ability to meet deadlines, and administration skills should be of the highest standard.
You will need to have a full, clean UK driving license, use of a car and willingness to travel to customer sites. Current studies or existing qualifications towards Microsoft certification would be a strong advantage but not essential.
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719