It’s that time of year again, you are in the middle of your exams and may not be thinking about applying for jobs yet but now is the perfect time! Read our tips for upcoming graduates & college leavers now to make sure you are one step ahead of the competition.
Tips for Upcoming Graduates & College Leavers
1. Apply early to get the best roles and beat the competition! University and college leavers should apply now.
2. Be realistic about the type of role you will be able to get. It’s tempting but don’t be too focused on the salary but instead focus on the long term prospects within the company you are applying to. Most companies will offer great training opportunities where you can progress quickly. Remember that we all have to start at the bottom and work our way up. If you prove yourself, your salary is likely to go up.
3. On your CV include all the activities you participate in such as sport, music and volunteering. List all of your previous job roles on your CV including retail, even if they are not office related, as it shows your willingness to work and earn money. You should also include any work experience you have undertaken. Finally, include your IT and written skills along with any other skills you feel are relevant to the role you are applying to. Read our 7 top tips for CV writing.
4. When applying for jobs make sure your phone is on and at hand as your recruitment consultant will need to get hold of you at short notice. There will be lots of competition for each role that’s available and you don’t want to miss out.
5. Before you attend an interview make sure you research the company thoroughly as you will get asked questions about the company in your interview. Read our interview tips blogs.
Graduates & College Leavers Apply Now!
Whether you are in the middle of your finals at uni or are sitting your A levels, we want to hear from you now! We have lots of fantastic roles waiting for you!
For all those sitting their A levels now and who have expected grades of C and above, we can assist you!
If you are leaving college and not furthering your education then we can find you the perfect job role to kick start your career. When leaving college you will find that you will need to start at the bottom and work your way up but most of our jobs for college leavers offer excellent training so you can do just that!
If you are leaving college to take a gap year then why not apply for a contract role to gain new skills and experience?
We welcome applications from all graduates, we can help you find the perfect role with your expected grades. When leaving uni you can expect to earn around £17,000-£25,000 in your first job. You will then work your way up and if you prove yourself, within a few months your salary is likely to go up.
Read our blog on the ‘Top 10 Highest Paying Graduate Jobs in the UK in 2016‘
View our graduates page for our latest office work vacancies in Surrey specifically for graduates or register your CV now so we have you on file when the right role becomes available.