|Salary:||£85,000 - £90,000|
Our client is currently seeking a UK-qualified solicitor to work in a full-time capacity with US-headquartered company at its UK-based location. Their work environment is fast-paced, with a collaborative atmosphere. Most of all, they are passionate about delivering innovations that improve the quality of health care and the patient experience.
This role will be the only lawyer based in the UK. It will require working closely with the UK and US business on commercial matters, reporting to the US-based Vice President of Legal.
The role will be responsible for:
- Advising and supporting the business on a range of areas including healthcare compliance, intellectual property, commercialisation, data protection and privacy, supply and distribution agreements, procurement and research and development.
- Drafting and negotiating a broad range of commercial and regulatory agreements, including consultancy agreements, leases, supply and distribution agreements, research and development agreements (including clinical investigations), contracts with healthcare organisations (including NHS Trusts and organisations across the UK and private healthcare organisations).
- Providing legal guidance to the UK Sales and administrative organisation upon request.
- Analysing privacy issues posed by Brexit and the GDPR; coordinate compliance with applicable regulatory requirements set forth by the UKsICO with the company’s interdepartmental privacy team.
- Providing legal support and guidance to the company’s HR team in connection with temporary help agreements and other HR-related contracts needed to support our business in the UK.
- Managing the company’s physician engagement programs, including drafting consultancy agreements with physicians and ensuring compliance with relevant UK physician compensation standards.
- Assisting with the Company’s corporate compliance program relative to the UK compliance obligations.
- Identifying and resolving issues raised by Brexit generally.
The successful candidate will be a UK-qualified solicitor with a minimum of 5 years’ post-qualification experience, or equivalent levels of skills/experience, who has trained or has worked after qualification at a well-known international law firm.
The following competencies and qualities are required:
- Strong prior experience advising laws and rules (including applicable industry codes of practice) relating to (EU and UK) healthcare regulation (EU and UK), intellectual property, procurement and supply, data protection and privacy is essential for this role.
- Experience with compliance issues (and spotting potential risks for the business), including advertising and promotion of medical products and dealing with regulators such as the MHRA and the CQC are essential.
- A strong ability to draft and negotiate a broad range of contracts with prior experience advising medical companies (whether in house or in private practice) is essential.
- Knowledge of the structure of the NHS England and its rules that apply to dealing with suppliers, including tenders, conflicts of interests and data protection is essential. Knowledge of the NHS in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland is desirable, but not essential.
- Excellent communications and organisational skills, with the ability to work with different parts of the business such as regulatory, legal, marketing, sales and others as necessary.
- A self-starter who can work independently and is comfortable working as part of a legal team that is spread across the US and the UK and liaising with external legal counsel.
- Experience working in-house at a medical company would be a strong plus, but
Speak to the 2i Team: 01483 414719