There has been a great deal of change to deal with over the past year, not least when it comes to the process of finding a new job. Video interviews, online-only recruitment and virtual onboarding are new territories for many individuals, and it can feel like you’re on your own – and in the dark – when it comes to trying to get the role that you want. However, this is not the case. With 2021 on the horizon, a fresh start is well within reach. Therefore, we here at 2i Recruit have put together a list of key tips to help you secure your dream job in the coming year.
- Making applications with confidence – Make sure that you have a CV that reflects what you can do in a succinct but informative manner. Moreover, in this new age of video interviewing, you also need to be ready to confidently present to people who you are during this process. This can be demonstrated through an array of actions, ranging from your tone of voice and body language to the way you are dressed and respond to each question. Interviewers will be focusing on all of these aspects plus many more, and thus showing that you have confidence in your own abilities is a major component when it comes to proving that you are the right candidate for the role.
- Create new applications for each role – If you’re really determined to get your dream role next year, then it’s going to require a significant amount of effort. For example, sending the same CV off to 10 different jobs isn’t likely to generate positive results. Instead, make sure that you have a bespoke application for each job you apply for and that you’ve tailored it specifically to the job requirements. There are even some AI tools out there that will compare your application to the job description to see if you’ve hit the spot.
- Focus on your experience – When you’re creating a new CV, make sure that you’re using summary statements that focus on your experience, rather than objective statements. Your CV should be built around your core area of expertise but should also include technical skills and achievements that will make you stand out from the competition.
- Using your network – Often, it’s who you know that matters most when it comes to being the first to hear about new opportunities in the area you’re keen to work in. However, you need to be a bit more subtle than simply asking people for a job. Instead, schedule an informal meeting with some of your key contacts or utilise a specialist recruiter such as 2i Recruit to ask for advice that could lead to a referral or connection with someone within the business where you want to work.
- Be proactive when it comes to job search resources – Utilise all that is around you. This can include using recruitment agencies like 2i Recruit who can help candidates navigate the job marketplace, as well as being proactive about interacting with employers, attending online webinars and completing additional training to show your potential future employer that you have been taking the time to upskill yourself.
If 2021 is the year that you want to secure that dream role, then now is the time to start. Making sure that you have a strategy when it comes to the job application process is imperative for your success whilst navigating the ever-changing recruitment landscape. If you’re looking for guidance when it comes to securing your dream job, then please do not hesitate to contact our team of specialists here at 2i Recruit via email at email@example.com or call us on 01483 414 719 to see how we can get you heading in the right direction.